Hard core decoys?

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Hard core decoys?

Postby Webfeet15 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Anybody use any of the hard core ringnecks or redheads? I'm looking to add a few dozen ringers and redheads to my spread and wanted to see if anybody had any experience with them. Thanks
Webfeet15
hunter

Re: Hard core decoys?

Postby Fowl Addict » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:06 am

Just bought a half dozen redheads they look decent but have not hunted them yet.
Fowl Addict
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:38 am

A friend of mine has a few dozen of the Ringnecks and they're very good looking decoys...probably the most realistic looking of any plastic I've seen. I have no clue how they perform in terms of durability though. They're also oversized, which I like.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby duckbuster93 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 am

I purchased a half dozen Hard core Ringnecks after our season closed on sale. Before I had GHG Ringnecks, which the ducks seem to love. The Hard core dekes are quite a bit bigger than my GHG, but I think it will be good to mix in different size divers. The Hard core ringnecks do look good, I would say better than the GHG. I can't say about the durability of them compared to my other GHG divers. Unlike their mallards, my GHG divers seem to be holding up very well paint wise. The hard core decoys are a lot lighter and seems like the plastic is quite thin. The keels seem inconsistent as far as weight goes. I have read other reviews on Hard core decoys about them splitting or cracking at the base of the keel, so I am hoping I got a good batch because I like how they look. That seems to be the only weakness, the thin plastic and around the keel. Time will tell I guess, but they do look very good. As far as redheads, I saw the Final Approach brand Reds at Cabela's and would of bought them if they weren't sold out. A little bit to much white on the side and back rather than gray, but I think the heads were dead on and you get hen decoys, versus GHG, have not seen the Hard Core Reds in person. Hopes this helps a little.
duckbuster93
Newb

Postby Driven51387 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:28 pm

I have three dozen of their blackheads. I ran them for half of this past season and was pretty pleased with them. ill be purchasing more. The paint seems to be of good quality. my decoys get stacked in the boat so they are always rubbing together. the larger size is a plus and i use some of my older hen balckhead decoys to break up the spread a litle. I wouldnt be afraid to buy them. I plan on getting another dozen blackheads and 3 dozen redheads. hopefully they'll come out with some cans here in the near future.next season will be the true test but ,so far so good!
Driven51387
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting