Duck Hunting Forum banner

Howdy, Newbie to the site from AR!!!

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  greenster 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

just figured that i'd say hello to everyone. I am new to the site here, and I live in the Morrilton area, and duck hunt Ed Gordon/Point Remove WMA alot. I also hunt on the Arkansas River a little, but mostly at Ed Gordon. Anyone else around these neck of the woods? If so I have probably passed you in the woods. I have a gun, dog, waders, and boat, and am not afraid to travel if anyone is open to having another hunter along as well. I'm always open to shooting ducks. I teach high school at Morrilton though, so I don't have alot of money though for honey holes, LOL!

Hopefully everyone in here is going to have a good season this year. It isn't looking too good around here though yet, we need rain, and ALOT of it if we are going to have any kind of good season. Anyway, just thought I'd say hey, and see who responds. So give me shout back, or a shut the heck up. Both tell me something about you!

Emerson

#3 ·
Well, thanks Greenster!!!

I would have to unfortunately discourage you from pursuing that dream of working in the waterfowl field if you ever want to hunt ducks again! I have a degree in Fisheries and Wildlife Biology and was going to go into the field. You are always working when season is in, and you only make a little bit of money! Believe me! I now teach high school, and make more money than I would have in the wildlife field! And that sucks!

Do ya'll kill alot of ducks at Felsenthal? I have always wondered how the hunting is around there.

I hunt mostly public land at Ed Gordon/Point Remove WMA, and hunt some on the Arkansas River, as well as. I also hunt some local private land holes around here for woodies and hooded mergansers mostly though. Hopefully this year will be better on the # of ducks that come into the state. I also plan on getting some hunting done up around Jonesborro as well hopefully. Well, thanks for the welcome, and it is good to be here!

Emerson

#6 ·
my name is Taylor im new to this too,i know this dang good public spot, its Grassy Lake in Faulkner county just on the other side of mayflower,last year me and my friend went and we killed our limit in ducks and geese,its nothin but woods and u do need a boat but there is some good huntin when there are not alot of ppl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.