Best three days in Arkansas ever!!!

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Best three days in Arkansas ever!!!

Postby santeerangerman » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:30 pm

Just got back from 3 days in Arkansas. All I can say is WOW!!!!

Best duck hunt I've had there in the last 15 years!!!

I can not remember when I've seen so many pintails!!

I hunted with 2 other guys, and we each killed a Bull Sprig every day.
We had mallards by the 1000s every morning. We usually had our limits by 8:00 each morning. After we finished shooting, we would sit there and video tape ducks coming in to the decoys!!!

Man, I can't wait to get back!!!!

I shot a Benelli 20 ga w/ #6 Hevi shot. NEVER had a cripple!
This is the only way to go if your shooting a 20 ga. I made a couple of 35-40 yd shots, just to see how this stuff would perform. My buddys were amazed at how well it whacked the birds!!!
santeerangerman
hunter

Postby greenster » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:47 pm

Thats Ar hunt for ya :thumbsup: glad you had a great time.... and always nice to hear stories. but just where are you from?
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby santeerangerman » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:20 pm

I'm from S.C.

I hope ya'll don't mind us out of state guys here.......

Most of the people I've met there are the nicest, friendliest, folks you ever want to be around. But then, there are some locals who frown on out of state hunters. When I hunt public land, I go out of my way to hide where I'm from. I try to get as far away from everyone else as I can.
santeerangerman
hunter

Postby greenster » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:37 pm

S.C pretty good trip to kill some ducks. No problem with out of state’rs, Arkansas would literally be in a depression if it was not for duck season. EST: 1 Million dollars a day brought in by duck hunting with 120mill in total sales.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

OK

Postby Flyingbrass » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:20 pm

If you hired a guide let me know who it was because I have been wanting to go on a good hunt. Thanks.
I guess if it was public land let me know also, I live in HOt Springs and it is real hard to be a duck hunter and ilve here.
Flyingbrass
hunter

Postby boykinhntr » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:29 pm

Glad you had a good time! This has been the best year that i have had since the 99-00 season. We have been consistantly killing limits with 4-10 hunters. This morning we four of us killed 20 with all of our mallards. There were ducks still pouring in when we left.

What guide did you use while you were here?
boykinhntr
hunter

Postby Wild Wings 1 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:18 pm

I was hunting the 22-24th and I had never seen so many pintails in my life either!! It was awesome watching 'em come in like they did!! Me and my buddy had several groups of 50-100 coasting in several times!! It was awesome!!
Wild Wings 1
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:24 pm

congrats on yur hunt...n, no, we love out o staters silly...at least here n ne arkansas...haha...n yeah, our pintail numbers been soarin the las few years, it really sucked the last couple o years when ya had ta shoot greenheads from pintail flocks...with pintails bein those loathesome none-o-whiches....yur right, by the way, hevi shot is sweet, but it's too costly, bring t's if ya wanna hammer em hard with us :)
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby santeerangerman » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:28 pm

No guide guys! Sorry.

We have been renting the same field from a farmer, for a few years.
He has always said, that he'll have birds when no one else does. I believe him!!! There are 2 groups that hunt with him, besides us, and that's about all he will take on.
He's pretty close to the scatters, if that helps...

The thing that did suprise me some was, we saw very few Gadwalls and widgeon. There's usually quite a few of these around, to fill out our limits with.

Thinking about heading back in Jan, if I can swing it!!
santeerangerman
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting