Duck Hunting Forum banner

BOB KIDD LAKE

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Slash LaReux 
#1 ·
bob kidd is more of a hastle than its worth. more than two groups of hunters on that lake is too many. there's usually only a couple groups that will work into the lake on a normal day. northwest arkansas is also full of hunters that are new or don't hunt fowl much. many of those hunters don't know that it is uncooth to set up 40 yards on the down wind side you. while you try to work birds, they will typically make the most ungodly noises ever to come out of a duck call or shoot as your ducks work on a swing 80 yards high on the backside.
on the occassional blue moon, i've gone out on a dog working hunt and shot a gaggle of gadwalls. is it worth the effort? nope. we have been shooting a lot of green this year in western arkansas, but definitely not on bob kidd.

#2 ·
I've been to Bob Kidd a few times this season and many times last season. You'll get an occasionaly group that will come in and work a little bit, only to be flared by rookie hunters that will try to give them a nasty hail call or they'll try to sky bust them from rifle distances. If the rookie hunters dont get them, every once in a while I've gotten some mallards and ring necks. I have once wathched a hunter out there throw a duck he had previously shot and killed into the air to be shot again. One time out at Bob kidd, a kid in a boat was out on the water for about 15 minutes looking for swimmers and shooting them up. Bob Kidd is also a death trap to boats. There are many hidden logs and stumps in the water. I have a freind that put a hole in his boat form one of those stumps. Personally i believe Bob Kidd is not worth the time and effort.

#5 ·
Was a super brim lake (early 80's) back when the timber was still standing and before aome idiot released the gozzard shad. Even had perminate blinds in the timber. Now the trees have all fallen and everyone fights for the driftwood blind on the point, but it is nice to have a place to go over the Christmas break to make it "feel like" your still hunting. Who knows you might even get to see the eagles!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.