Duck Hunting Forum banner

Report 12-31-05

785 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  greenster 
#1 ·
Whelp it today was last day of 2005, while the 2005 season is gone the 2006 season is setup to sure be a good-one. I've been checking around here in SE Arkansas and the question is where the ducks are? I've found a few spots that there is water and its holding ducks. I have hunted Lake 30Min north of Monticello 20min south of Pine Bluff. We got into them today. We worked probably 350-400 mallards after we moved away from the idiots, who where shooting at our swings, sky-busting Terrible calling. There typical public land hunter. Oh yeh the best part of it is that they set-up 100yds Directly in front of us, while knowing we where there.. I did not have one of my buddies or they would have been moving. Local swamp here is holding a few ducks just matter of finding the hole which I don't have time to do. WMA here is only 10% flooded and only woodies are in there a very few gadwalls. NWR hour or so south of Monticello is producing pretty well from what I hear and spiting out bands every-day. Most ducks here in county are help up on J.P Price 5Billion acres of rice fields and timber he calls "REST AREA" South of HWY 35 @ Collins AR. ( about 15MI EAST of Monticello.) I checked out the Pendleton area on the river and found good bit of ducks, I just have no way to get over to hunt (Boat Wise). Trick of the year is motion and little calling as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.