Killed about a dozen woodies this season BUT

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, brassass, whisperin' duck

Killed about a dozen woodies this season BUT

Postby Flyingbrass » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:03 pm

I had to resort to jump shooting them on the creek. No calling but at least I got to shoot some ducks. I'm going in the morning to hunt a beaver pond so at least there is water and there will be mallards as well. This is the first time in over a dozen years that went duck hunting.
Do you think it is unsportsman like to jump shoot ducks on the creek?
EDITED TO ADD!
I went to another hole today and shot my first banded duck, a hen woodie.
Flyingbrass
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:06 pm

congrats on the band flyingbrass....and heck no it's not unsportsmanlike ta jump shoot ducks...my fondest memories are of jump shooting birds when i was a kid...how could that possibly be more unsportsmanlike than lurin em thru a hole n the trees n the timber and then snipin em from some concealed position...we're hunters silly, long as ya dunt shoot someone's swings r shoot from a truck window, most anythin else gives ya braggin rights...jump shoot one for me :)
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby Flyingbrass » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:45 pm

I'm kinda getting into this waterfowl stuff. I got a snow goose hunt planned for Sat. and more jump shooting on the creek on Sun. but this time it'll be my 7 year old shooting and his little buddy who is 11 years old. We dads might take a gun and we might not.
Flyingbrass
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:21 pm

Congrats.....Nah..jump shooting is cool and lots of fun...

I know what you mean by people shooting your swings, need less to say a couple guy got forced to move for being Idiots.. but in a nice way though.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting