Duck Hunting Forum banner

Anyone hunting Shirey Bay??

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BandedMallardrnt 
#1 ·
I used to hunt there quite a bit, but haven't been there in the last 5 years.
My 1st trip there, in 99' was the most unbelieveable hunt of my life!!

Most people don't believe me when I tell them that we had as many as 500 mallards coming in the holes at a time, then I show them the video we took. It was one of those trips of a lifetime!!

Is it still as good as it used to be?

I'd love to make another trip this year, and get in some good ol' timber hunting...

#3 ·
Thanks!!

I have some friends there right now. They said that there's a ton of ducks,
but there's alot of hunters, and ALOT of skybusting going on.

They were pulling out, because the ducks won't decoy, with all the skybusting going on.

He also said that quite a few people just walking around in there now, jump shooting.

I really hate to hear that that kind of stuff is happening...

#4 ·
I hunt there a lot this year. There was a lot of hunters there but if u can call u can get them. Duck fly high give them a loud ringing hail call they will land in the boat with u if u can do it right. We killed are limit and we were out in 1 hour a lot of fun

#5 ·
I hunt there a lot this year. There was a lot of hunters there but if u can call u can get them. Duck fly high give them a loud ringing hail call they will land in the boat with u if u can do it right. We killed are limit and we were out in 1 hour a lot of fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.