anyone hunt dem goose's (geese)

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

anyone hunt dem goose's (geese)

Postby greenster » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Since the duck season is over, just wondering if anyone goose hunts around here? I have never been on an actual goose hunt with decoys. All the times I hunted geese I was either pass shooting or jump them up. All said, decoys are very expensive for my budget so if any-one has any extra room anytime soon let me know and I might see if I could accompany you, and see if I want to make investment on decoys and learn how to call them boogers.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:19 am

greenster, you talking about snows or canadas? We don't chase snows up here (got a buddy in SW MO that has the hook on those), but we bust the hell outta the resident canadas. Those suckers are everywhere and if you're into the whole band thing the AGFC puts neck and leg bands on almost half of them. With the small amount of hunting pressure on them around here we get by with 4-6 decoys about evenly split between fullbodies and floaters.
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting