Are There Still Many Snows Around

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Are There Still Many Snows Around

Postby BlueGooseTN » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:48 pm

Myself and a few buddies are planning on hunting outside of Jonesboro next weekend. Any of you Arkansans still seeing good numbers of snows?
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:49 pm

I think prob you will have about one more week two max before the geese are gone. Even though this little winter ice storm hit I seen Thousands of snows and Ross headed North to day, but up in north Arkansas you may have to First week in march until you notice a dramatic decline in numbers. On the plus side I saw about 30 Canada’s in my ponds. Too bad I can’t shoot em’.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:02 am

I can't speak for the east side of the state, but out here in the west central part I saw snows heading back south. Round two...ding...ding...ding...
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:56 pm

I was outside Jonesboro around Weiner last weekend...ya gotta cowboy em, but, they are in the area...they didnt decoy for crap... Have a full tank of gas, and, sum hip boots for ditch crawlin'...Good luck :yes: :yes: :yes:

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting