blind camo

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

blind camo

Postby mwest415 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:26 pm

I have a blind in the timber and need to conceal it a bit more. Is there anything LEGAL that I could plant around my blind that would grow to be 4 to 6 ft. tall. Season or not.
mwest415
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:35 pm

It all depends on where your blind is. If it's on a WMA they may have rules. If it's on private then you're good to go.

We hunted an area for years where we had to brush our blind before the season started. After the 3rd season of me being the only person that brushed the blind I got smart. I went and cut a lot of cane during the spring and crammed it down into the mud all around the blind. During the rest of the spring and summer it grew roots and started to spread around. After a couple more years all I had to do was take a pair of pruning shears in and cut it down to where we could shoot out.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Swamp-Thing » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:02 pm

Whatever you do, don't use Primos Ironside. That stuff is absolute crap. I put it up and two days later it was shredded. I took it back and got burlap. It worked great.

I put it up and then got some black zip ties (cable ties) and some natural foilage (johnson grass and few branches). I zip tied the mess out of it and killed some ducks. On my boat I just used the burlap for my blind that I built. Still killed ducks. I am going to use some Johnson grass on it next year too.

Its actually a lot of fun building all that stuff. If I could make a living out of doing it I would.
catch as catch can
Swamp-Thing
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting