any one killin any ducks in arkansas??????

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

any one killin any ducks in arkansas??????

Postby sad » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:49 am

just wondering if any one was killing any thing in arkansas we have had a pretty bad year so far in northeast arkansas?????
sad
Newb

Where's the ducks!!!!

Postby greentimber » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:51 pm

I went riding today in the delta around my stepdads 1600 acre rice farm and I didn't see a handful of mallards. Not that many geese either. We need some rain.
greentimber
hunter

Postby Partsmanrep » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:48 pm

I hunt Bayo Meto close to Stuttgart Arkansas . I have not fired a shot this year. We still have no water in our WMA. I have hunted the river in south Arkansas and have not fired a shot! Makes you wonder where are all the duck AGAF keeps talking about. I have been hunting in this area for over 30 years and I have never seen it this bad.
Partsmanrep
hunter

Arkansas

Postby BandedMallardrnt » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:51 pm

I hunt in the Poinsett county area and everytime i go i at least kill 3 mallards

I also hunted the Cherry Valley Area and they have a lot of duck killed are limit

I have been to tennesee and missouri and arkansas is the best and its cheaper for me cause i live in arkansas
BandedMallardrnt
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:10 am

Was in Woodruff County last weekend. Killed 18 in 3 days. One banded wood duck. Lots of ducks if you have water. Good luck!!!
Cut'm
hunter

slim pickings

Postby swamp-pimp » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:59 pm

here in the fort smith area has been real slow what little birds we have seen have alot of trouble getting them to decoy
put the women and children to bed and lets go looking for dinner
swamp-pimp
Newb

Postby hoytman_08 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:29 pm

im a friend of bandedmallardrnt and we hunted a 2600 hundred acres of land near cherry valley and i have never seen so many ducks in my life. this place has flooded timber flooded buck brush flooded corn fields and rice fields. I think the place may be better than CLAYPOOL i hear they aint doin so good.
hoytman_08
Newb

Postby quackerattacker » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:12 pm

ya can't kill em if they dunt come...and they just dunt come visit like they used too...maybe its a cycle...we can hope...i usually get ta hunt alot o days during the season, and in an entire season, you can hope for 4 or 5 of those magic days...the ducks seem extremely skittish as ta what they used ta be too...it will probly get great 2 weeks after the season goes out...as usual...me and my friends hunt ne arkansas...craighead, greene, poinsett, n jackson counties...it has NOT been a good year :)
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting