Need a die hard buddy or buddies to hunt with. (NO HOMO)

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Need a die hard buddy or buddies to hunt with. (NO HOMO)

Postby rabbitdundied » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 am

I usually hunt weekends, Thanksgiving week, and I usually take off the last two weeks of the year and one of the first two weeks in January. I hunt public timber almost exclusively. I am a member of a camp in Stuttgart but our schedules don't really match up. I usually hunt with those guys on the weekends but they don't really hunt until after Dec. 20. They really like easy field hunts and sticking to Bayou Meto and I prefer branching out on other public land and putting birds down in the trees. I have yet to have a real good hunt in Bayou Meto in the 5 years I have hunted there. So I tend to hunt the White, Cache other WMAs. This leaves me hunting by myself quite often which quite frankly is not safe where I like to hunt. I tend to get way off the beaten path to scout and find ducks as well as get well away from other hunters. If the lord is willing and the creek doesn't rise I will have a brand new boat in a few weeks custom made for this purpose. I am not without resources. I just need to find someone that won't annoy the hell out of me that is passionate about hunting timber to go with me for safety and chip in on gas and lodging cost on occasion. I don't consider myself an expert at any one thing involving duck hunting but I do well. So I am interested if you have a good crew of hunters I am willing to let someone else lead the hunt and call. I put time in scouting during the splits and have found it really pays off on finding birds. I cannot stand sky busting, flaky people, annoying people or outlaws so there you have it. I get precious few days off per year and my one and only real hobby is duck hunting so I am pretty serious about doing it right. It is hard to find people that gets as much time off during the week as I do during the duck season. If you are looking for someone to hunt with PM me and we can talk a little. If you seem like someone that wouldn't annoy me or I wouldn't annoy you I will take you hunting sometime in 2012 to see how things go (no homo).
rabbitdundied
hunter

Re: Need a die hard buddy or buddies to hunt with. (NO HOMO)

Postby quackerattacker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm

rabbitdundied wrote:...(no homo).

Now that's funny!

A serious huntin' buddy one can learn to tolerate, and vice-versa, is hard to come by. Good luck, rabbit'.
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby rabbitdundied » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah the whole thread started to sound like a personal ad. So I had to add the (no homo) tag. It's a long shot but figured what the heck?
rabbitdundied
hunter

Postby jokey » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:12 pm

:lol3: good stuff
jokey
hunter

Postby Cutem52 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:01 pm

I would be down. From the Fort Smith area. Pretty "die hard" myself.
Cutem52
hunter

Postby rabbitdundied » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 pm

PM me and we can visit some.
rabbitdundied
hunter

Postby BlaineJones » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:54 pm

I may be interested, I'm from the central Arkansas area ....I'm also a taxidermist and I'm currently looking for a few new places to hunt for next season.
BlaineJones
Newb

Postby Towduck » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:22 am

If you decide to give the timber on dave Donaldson a try give me a hollar
INSANE DUCK POSSE
FIRST 5
Towduck
hunter

Postby jdr » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:04 pm

I hunt Rainey Brake Circus, and Black River up by Elgin/Jacksonport. I took off last week in December and last week in January this past season. I will be taking two weeks off in January and some time off in December this season coming up. My buddies all take off for deer season, so it leaves me by myself also. I am not a homo either, but i'd be willing to meet up some and do some hunts, as long as we are compatible... :biggrin:
jdr
hunter

Postby Towduck » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:42 pm

I've never hunted rainey brake but im only 30 min from it. All my buddies are scared to go there lol! Id like to try it some time n ill take u to my secret spot by duck levee lol
INSANE DUCK POSSE
FIRST 5
Towduck
hunter

Postby bharris7983 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:53 pm

if you are serious about wanting someone to hunt with, hit me up. i enjoy hunting anything that has a season. my duck dog died about 4 months ago, but i'm getting a new pup the end of this month. i love to hunt in timber, but i'm all for hunting the water as well. if i'm not deployed this fall, i'd be up to dropping some birds with ya. let me know if you wanna catch up. i'm out by beebe, by the way.
bharris7983
Newb

Postby rabbitdundied » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Guys I appreciate the response to this thread. I have committed to take two posters that live close to me and have the same goals in hunting that I do. I don't want to commit to taking anymore than two for now. I really do appreciate the responses though. Some of you guys should use this thread to find someone to hunt with.
rabbitdundied
hunter

Postby pdrerup01 » Fri May 18, 2012 3:12 pm

pm me Im interested I have a few places around NEA to hunt but Ive always wanted to hunt down south!
pdrerup01
hunter

Postby dmadden7070 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm in Northwest Arkansas, and I'm new to the area and looking for hunting buddies. I don't have a boat, but I do have decoys and I'm decent on a call. Anyone know much of the area up here?
Be the alligator, not the chicken!
dmadden7070
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 am

2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby jdr » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Gangnam style! Fags...
jdr
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting