Anyone been fishing?

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Anyone been fishing?

Postby ol' yeller » Wed May 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Figured I would post up a topic. :mrgreen:

Haven't been fishing as much as I would like to with the new house and all. Not to mention trying to cut off one of my fingers.

We did fish a local water supply lake and racked up on 70 crappie and caught a few bass on another lake. Headed to Ouachita next weekend to give it a try.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby ARDuckBuster » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:47 pm

Did you do any good on Quachita?
ARDuckBuster
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:01 pm

Never made it down there this spring. It's been over a year since I've been down there and I'm having withdrawals.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby ARDuckBuster » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:04 pm

I know the feeling. Live 5 mins from it, been there once this year. They have been stocking alot of bass in it the last couple years. Ought to start getting better soon.
ARDuckBuster
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:14 pm

Yes they have. From what I read in the AGFC newsletter they're stocking lots of smallmouth.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby ARDuckBuster » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:54 pm

They are going to trickle down the smallmouth in the next year to just about 100,000 or so. They are boosting up the largemouth, and slowing way down on the stripers. We have been trying to get them to put Floridas in there, but have been unsuccesfull so far on that. Regardless it is a good step in the right direction. There are so many of them striper in there it has hurt the bass fishing in the last 5 years or so. Them stripers are just eating machines. Anyway hope to see it get better.
ARDuckBuster
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting