Planing NE Arkansas duck hunt

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Planing NE Arkansas duck hunt

Postby Dave308 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Hunted NE Ark two years ago and had a great time. We stayed at Village Creek St. Park and hunted Pine Tree Experimental Station. This was our first hunt to Arkansas and we went in with no guides or info on where to go, and had a real good time.
We are planing a trip the first week of Jan 2013 and will be staying at Village Creek, we would like to shoot more ducks this time so we are doing our planing now.
I would appreciate any information on where to hunt and who to contact for guides in this NE area. Were good ol Kentucky boys and we promise not to shoot them all.
Dave308
hunter

Re: Planing NE Arkansas duck hunt

Postby rivershark » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 am

A friend of mine is fixing to start a guide service down not too far from there this up coming season. May be something there...
i dont know who you are or where you're going, but its a race to get there!
there are 3 things that make or break a friendship: politics, religion and duck hunting
rivershark
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Dave308 wrote:Hunted NE Ark two years ago and had a great time. We stayed at Village Creek St. Park and hunted Pine Tree Experimental Station. This was our first hunt to Arkansas and we went in with no guides or info on where to go, and had a real good time.
We are planing a trip the first week of Jan 2013 and will be staying at Village Creek, we would like to shoot more ducks this time so we are doing our planing now.
I would appreciate any information on where to hunt and who to contact for guides in this NE area. Were good ol Kentucky boys and we promise not to shoot them all.

Sending a PM
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby cannon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:09 am

I said it in a PM, but I'll say it publicly here: I had the privilege of visiting the fine folk at Byers Farms a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. For a guy who was raised on a rice farm 2 miles from Cash, AR, being impressed by a guide service is a big deal. Before anyone asks, I'm in no way affiliated with the service, and the best I'd hope for getting outta pimpin' this guy is an invite to come back sometime. It was that good, and season wasn't even in.

The proprietor is an excellent host. The facilities are top notch. AND most importantly, the service boasts the ability to hunt a single group at a time on 3,000 acres OWNED by the service in Hunter, Arkansas, which is absolutely one of the hottest spots in the State of Arkansas for smokin' waterfowl. It ain't leased ground, and the heir to the family farm lives on-site, right at the end of a two-mile gravel road. When you conjure up that romantic vision of what a duck club should be like, the image you see is a photograph of this joint. Byers Farms is a sponsor of this site, which is how I and several other DHC members got the chance to hang out down there.

You show me 100 guide services, and I'll guarantee that I wouldn't pay a dime for 99 of 'em. That's mostly because I'm arrogant, but also because I haven't seen much worth paying for. I'd pay to go to Byer's Farms. --Highly recommended.

cannon
hunter

Postby rivershark » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 am

And as big of a skeptical type of person you seem to be... that's saying something
i dont know who you are or where you're going, but its a race to get there!
there are 3 things that make or break a friendship: politics, religion and duck hunting
rivershark
hunter

Postby cannon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:13 pm

rivershark wrote:And as big of a skeptical type of person you seem to be... that's saying something

Oh, not only that . . . I'm arrogant about it. It's a humbling experience for me to say that the place is awesome, but it is, indeed, awesome.
cannon
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks for the kind words Cannon. If you're not from Arkansas it may be hard to understand how easy it is to get burned by a guide service. There are so many out here. The vast majority of them lease ground and run as many guns through it as they can to pay their bills. We do it for one simple reason. Sharing our joy of water fowling has been our passion for 56 years. We do it because we can.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting