Spring snow's

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Spring snow's

Postby holtspur » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:58 am

I learned that I don't have to have a arkansas license to hunt spring snows, i just have to get some kind of number from game & fishwith my mississippi license. I was thinkin about get a couple guys together and hammer a few. We wouldnt have a place to go but I have been told that alot of farmers will let people hunt just to kill the geese, is this true. I'd hate to get out there geared to hunt and find out otherwise.
holtspur
hunter

Re: Spring snow's

Postby ARduckboy24 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:40 pm

holtspur wrote:I learned that I don't have to have a arkansas license to hunt spring snows, i just have to get some kind of number from game & fishwith my mississippi license. I was thinkin about get a couple guys together and hammer a few. We wouldnt have a place to go but I have been told that alot of farmers will let people hunt just to kill the geese, is this true. I'd hate to get out there geared to hunt and find out otherwise.

How many decoys you got
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Postby holtspur » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:32 am

We have a grand total of zero! At the moment any way. The snows that get killed in my neck of the woods are just the ones that fly by low enough to get knocked down, and thats not very often. The guy that was tellin me about it seemed like they just found the X and waited.
holtspur
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 am

holtspur wrote:We have a grand total of zero! At the moment any way. The snows that get killed in my neck of the woods are just the ones that fly by low enough to get knocked down, and thats not very often. The guy that was tellin me about it seemed like they just found the X and waited.

Well theres a spot on public land I hunt that you could probably kill just need a huge spread if not you can bust out of the sky.the spot is right next to a sanctuary and planted in beans there is some corn fields to they roost there get up pretty low and either come on in or swing for a look
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Postby holtspur » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks I've just been wanting to try it. I think it would be a blast!
holtspur
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting