Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duxmen Outfitters

10K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  toddn84 
#1 ·
I have a trip planned at Duxmen in decmeber. Havent seen any reviews for them since 2010 and I am wondering if anybody has any recent experience with them. Any info would be appreciated.

#6 ·
toddn84 said:
Have you ever been there?
Where? Northeast Arkansas? Its a guide service, not a location. You asked, he essentially said "good luck", end of story. He didn't say he had been "there".

Sounds like you've already got the trip booked, so what difference does it make whether people's opinions are positive or negative at this point?

#7 ·
cannon said:
toddn84 said:
Have you ever been there?
Where? Northeast Arkansas? Its a guide service, not a location. You asked, he essentially said "good luck", end of story. He didn't say he had been "there".

Sounds like you've already got the trip booked, so what difference does it make whether people's opinions are positive or negative at this point?
Sounds like it's all over but the crying Cannon. That being said I know nothing about these guys and I'm not making a negative comment about them.

#9 ·
Yes ive done paid for the hunt so it doesnt matter im just trying to ask some questions of people that may have been there and ACTUALLY went to the place not just going off hear say. This will be the first time i have ever duck hunted period so just trying to get some insight. So Cannon your obviously brain dead and cant read. Thats why i asked him if he had been there caused he didnt say if he had been there. "Hinch why i asked him if he had been there." So basically i was talking to someone else not you and dont care about positive or negative opinions just what to expect from a outfitter in NEA. :hi:

#10 ·
toddn84 said:
Yes ive done paid for the hunt so it doesnt matter im just trying to ask some questions of people that may have been there and ACTUALLY went to the place not just going off hear say. This will be the first time i have ever duck hunted period so just trying to get some insight. So Cannon your obviously brain dead and cant read. Thats why i asked him if he had been there caused he didnt say if he had been there. "Hence why i asked him if he had been there." So basically i was talking to someone else not you and dont care about positive or negative opinions just what to expect from a outfitter in NEA. :hi:
FIFY

In my opinion you should have went with one of the guides that sponsor the DHC. I've seen pictures of Byer's place and it seems really nice. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
toddn84 said:
So Cannon your obviously brain dead and cant read.
Ohhh, I understand, "Hinch" I misunderstood your first post which I could have sworn said:

toddn84 said:
"I am wondering if anybody has any recent experience with them. Any info would be appreciated."
Lets see, you asked if anyone had "experience" with them and said that any "info" would be appreciated. I obviously misconstrued that to mean that you were looking for people that had "experiences" with them or "info" about the guide service. You're right: my bad, I'm probably either brain dead or can't read. Yup, that's probably it . . . I can't read. I CAN spell, though, "hinch" I didn't feel the need to make a failed attempt at that.

toddn84 said:
Thats why i asked him if he had been there caused he didnt say if he had been there. "Hinch why i asked him if he had been there." So basically i was talking to someone else not you and dont care about positive or negative opinions just what to expect from a outfitter in NEA. :hi:
Okay, that clears things up. See, I thought you were trying to get info about the guide service (and, again, I errantly assumed that people's experiences with that service, whether good or bad, would have been a basis for their opinions, whether positive or negative). Umm, finally, and again, its my bad, I was thinking that this was an open forum where people could interject their thoughts and opinions. Sorry, man. Its obvious that I was way off the mark on this one.

I hope you have an extraordinary first duck hunting experience in Northeast Arkansas. I wish you the very best and genuinely hope that the weekend you booked is the weekend that every duck in the Mississippi Flyway tries to perch itself on your barrel. HOWEVER, I get the impression that you're either trolling or you've made your decision, written the check, and you're now looking for yes-men to validate your decision. To that end, I and with all the sincerity that I can muster, I'd highly recommend that you check references BEFORE booking the hunt next time. In the meantime, if you don't want peoples' opinions, I recommend not asking for them on a public forum.

Best of Luck, my friend.

I think I'll start a PSA thread on the subject. Locals, please help me keep it near the top of the forum.

#12 ·
todd,
Since we live in arkansas we (and i am sure there are exceptions) don't use guides. we don't need them. so, you will either get a bias opinion from someone and take a srewing, or you will get the response you got above. don't take it personal.

#13 ·
I'm with steve-o on this one. Being from Arkie and not using guides we only have to go off what we've seen and heard. As Cannon said I merely said goodluck. I'm hoping the best for you on your hunt but don't expect a lot because if you go into it expecting a lot you'll be disappointed. Duck hunting is like sex. A lot of hype but when it actually comes down to it your kind of like "what, its already over with?"

Sent via my pretentious BlackBerry using Tapatalk while on the crapper

#16 ·
toddn84 said:
Yes ive done paid for the hunt so it doesnt matter im just trying to ask some questions of people that may have been there and ACTUALLY went to the place not just going off hear say. This will be the first time i have ever duck hunted period so just trying to get some insight. So Cannon your obviously brain dead and cant read. Thats why i asked him if he had been there caused he didnt say if he had been there. "Hinch why i asked him if he had been there." So basically i was talking to someone else not you and dont care about positive or negative opinions just what to expect from a outfitter in NEA. :hi:
When are you headed down? There's a chance that if you get there and don't like what you see, that I could fit you in.

#17 ·
whisperin duck and steve-o thanks for the responses thats what i was looking for. Whisperin i was just trying to get a understanding of what u meant by godspeed (good luck). was it in a good luck your getting screwed or good luck overall is all i was trying to understand. I bet there is alot of better choices out there for outfitters but i chose the one that looked to be the best out of the options i had (pheasant hunts for my dad). Anyways thanks for input.

Oh yeah cannon this is the responses i was looking for not something from the junk yard watch dog. Also thanks for jumping in on the thread to make others read it so i could get actual input on it guess you are good for something.

#18 ·
ByersFarm said:
When are you headed down? There's a chance that if you get there and don't like what you see, that I could fit you in.
Thank for the offer but we have already paid at Duxmen. We will be there the first week after the first split but if your just looking for someone to come cull out some birds ill be happy to come.

#19 ·
some more good came of this thread by cannon. He wrote a set of guidelines for peple such as yourself that are looking for guide info. you may not think much of him, but it is informative and a good contribution the forum. i made it a sticky thread so it will always be at the top of the page. it is worth reading.

#20 ·
Booking a duck hunt is like buying most anything else. Ask for and check references. Call a reference and ask for candid observations both pro and con. It's your money and you have that right. Sadly most outfitters will never give you a reference that had a bad hunt. Odd that you paid for it all up front if that is the case as most guides/outfitters ask for deposits at first with balances 30 to 60 days out.

I know where their place is and believe they hunt west of 49 highway but may have something on the east side and are in Otwell which is south of Jonesboro. I pass by it going from my camp to my place on the Crain Farm. Building is new but I haven't met them and haven't been inside. Website looks nice as does their pictures. Hope you have good success and enjoy your hunt. Remember you/they can control every aspect of the hunt except weather and bird movement.

#25 ·
toddn84 said:
ByersFarm said:
Thank for the offer but we have already paid at Duxmen. We will be there the first week after the first split but if your just looking for someone to come cull out some birds ill be happy to come.
That's ok. I was just trying to be helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.