dave donaldson

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

dave donaldson

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:52 pm

howdy my name is jack im 16, im from alabama, and last year i hunted dave donaldson and didnt do worth a dern can yal give me any tips to increase the birds i kill
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter

dave donaldson

Postby steve-o » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Is this a joke?
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Re: dave donaldson

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:22 pm

??????
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Sorry jack this is gonna hurt alittle so just go ahead and get the form and fill it out your gonna need it.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:28 pm

sum one mind telling me what i did that was so bad ??
jack lowe
hunter

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:32 pm

just becuase im not from arkansas dont mean i dont know how to treat other duck hunters with respect. last year was my firt year to hunt tha particular wma i was just askin for sum advice
jack lowe
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:58 pm

jack lowe wrote:just becuase im not from arkansas dont mean i dont know how to treat other duck hunters with respect. last year was my firt year to hunt tha particular wma i was just askin for sum advice

You didnt do any thing wrong you just ask the wrong question in the wrong forum. Your young and you dont really know is proably the reason that no one has really jumped in here yet. Hey I am from out of state and I try my best to get along with everyone. I am just a little more fortunate than others I have a lot of friends out there and hunting comes a little easier. I try not to hunt the timber at all but if I do I dont even go unless I am with some of my friends from AR its to easy to get turned around and end up on someelses blocks. Your best bet is to build some friendships and get to know the people and folks might try to help you. Find some flooded fields to hunt alot less crowded and alot more enjoyable.
rivercountry
hunter

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:11 pm

thanks buddy i hav one guy i know up there and last year i went by myself so i didnt really hav any knowledge about how to do well in the timber so i was asking on here and besides i dont have the money to get on a big duck hunting leases and hunt the feilds. but just for the record i treated every one i met on the river with resecpt an sevreal times shared a hole with people that came in later than i did.
jack lowe
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm

I dont pay for a big lease either just for the record and I access to right 1000 acres of private land. In fact all it cost me is the gas out there and back liscense and food. But like I said I am fortunate I have some really good friends out there. Keep treating people with respect and you will build those friendships over time and want have to ask these types of questions on a forum. Us being from out of state we are not going to just walk up to the boat landing and be excepted.
rivercountry
hunter

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 pm

thanks i really appreriacte you telling me all this other wise i really would have messed up
jack lowe
hunter

dave donaldson

Postby steve-o » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Jack, you came on the Internet asking how to kill more ducks. It doesn't matter what state you are from or what state you want to hunt. Internet scouting is frowned upon, and many people on this site will give you a very bad time for doing it. As far as advice, first learn to use spell check and write properly. It will surprise you how far that will carry you. Second, go to www.agfc.com. There you will find maps of all the WMA's in Arkansas. Third, scout for the first day or two of your trip. Figure out what the birds are doing and then get after them.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rivercountry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Steve last time I hunted behind Ashbaugh water was so high in the my buddies hole it was up to the top of my chest wadders if you stumbled you got good and soaked. We were going to try and hunt one of his freinds holes the next day where the water was'nt as deep. My buddy hunted it several times so out of respect like he always did he called and ask if we could hunt in his hole. At first he was all good with it and said sure go ahead until he found out 4 of us were from NC then he said no he did not want any foreigners in his hole. It just really sucked he judged us just because of where we were from and had never met us. He wasnt going to hunt and we could have went on and hunted it anyway but it wasnt really worth making enemies so we just went back to the fields. I have to admit I did find some humor in being called a foreigner that was a new one that I would have never thought of.
rivercountry
hunter

dave donaldson

Postby steve-o » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:26 am

I'm embarrassed and don't even know the people. But I will say that we have taken a guy to a hole we hunted regularly and the next week when we go back to that hole. guess who is sitting in it? Haven't and never will hunt with that guy again.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rivercountry » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:02 pm

That is just not the way you treat people if someone is good enough to take me to a spot of theirs I am not going to go back and hunt their blind just because I can. I know he had been took advantage of in the past by other guys there wasnt any hard feelings. Its kinda turned into a running joke now if we go to WMA we just say we from Marmaduke. :biggrin: We went over on the black river year before last to hunt one of my buddys holes met some local guys at the landing they were good as gold. We were just down the river from them they had good morning but we didnt do so good I think we killed 4 birds that morning but they stayed at the landing and talked with us for over an hour after we took out.(great guys)

Just kidding about the Marmaduke thing but it has been something funny between everybody at camp the past few years.
rivercountry
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting