Felsenthal ?

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Felsenthal ?

Postby drogers » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:27 pm

Hello, I'm new to this site and I'm from Arkansas. I was wondering if anybody has ever hunted @ Felsenthat NWR. I have a hunting clun in Holly Springs and met a guy there during lunch and he told me that they flood the timber during the season and he has allways had good luck there. I'm interested in and info that anyone might have. Thanks. :salude:
drogers
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:49 pm

First :welcome: to DHC. I hunt there and yes its flooded every year. Problem is that its so much timber flooded its hard to get on the ducks. but advantage you can get far enough away from people to bearly hear there shots. all I can realy say is to go scouting and try to find some backwater hole in BFE. I have not seen one but AGFC should have a map of the flooded area.

one more thing beware its a NWR lots of rules, and i think you suppose to carry a rule book with you with that your suppose to sign.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby chadwall » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:05 pm

that guy would not have been phillip elkins would it have?????
chadwall
Banned

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting