No more blinds

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Re: No more blinds

Postby AngryDuck2012 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:01 pm

This is the biggest joke ever. Taking away blinds that have been hunted by a family for 80 years? Just another proven fact that the government screws up everything that is good about the world. Taking away a 70 mans blind who can't hunt anything but a blind and doesnt have the money to lease land? Its the most corrupt thing in the world. The blinds are hurting nothing and these people have every right to claim their blind. If you dont put in the work to keep the blind up and brush it, you shouldnt be able to hunt it. Its a shame that duck hunting has become a money sport and is ruined like everything else. Luckily no one will kill any ducks on our WMA this year because I will be there sitting in the middle of "Our" pond that my family has hunted for 80 years. I will be firing a shot and doing everything I can to ruin everyones hunting who hasn't been there before. Have fun Fellas :lol3:
AngryDuck2012
Newb

Postby whisperin' duck » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:41 pm

AngryDuck2012 wrote:This is the biggest joke ever. Taking away blinds that have been hunted by a family for 80 years? Just another proven fact that the government screws up everything that is good about the world. Taking away a 70 mans blind who can't hunt anything but a blind and doesnt have the money to lease land? Its the most corrupt thing in the world. The blinds are hurting nothing and these people have every right to claim their blind. If you dont put in the work to keep the blind up and brush it, you shouldnt be able to hunt it. Its a shame that duck hunting has become a money sport and is ruined like everything else. Luckily no one will kill any ducks on our WMA this year because I will be there sitting in the middle of "Our" pond that my family has hunted for 80 years. I will be firing a shot and doing everything I can to ruin everyones hunting who hasn't been there before. Have fun Fellas :lol3:

That's the attitude to have! If you can't have it nobody can!!! :no:
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AngryDuck2012 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Absolutely! If you aren't from around here and haven't been down where we are, I will make sure you never wanna come back. I'd rather kill no ducks and spoil it for everyone except the few who have been there forever than let anyone else have it. :grooving:
AngryDuck2012
Newb

Postby steve-o » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Angryduck,
it is hard to read sarcasm on an Internet forum. That is why whisperin' duck had the "no" smilie :no:
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckdodgers44 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 pm

AngryDuck2012 wrote:Absolutely! If you aren't from around here and haven't been down where we are, I will make sure you never wanna come back. I'd rather kill no ducks and spoil it for everyone except the few who have been there forever than let anyone else have it. :grooving:

it is idiots like you that ruin the hunt for everyone else there is a reason it is called public hunting ground cause everyone in the state that hunts helps to pay for all of the land that is available to everyone to hunt if you want to hunt by yourself and i bet you get the chance to do that a lot then lease some land and have it all to yourself cause there is probably very few people on here who would want to hunt with or around you anyway :biggrin:
duckdodgers44
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Dear Angry: Just for your information (know that is larger word than you probably are used to, but it means something you should know). You are welcome to do exactly what you propose, cause below was designed just for lovely friendly folks just like you.
Statute in Full:

(a)(1) It is unlawful for any person to willfully obstruct or impede the participation of any individual in the lawful activity of shooting, hunting, fishing, or trapping in this state.

(2) Nothing in this section prohibits a landowner or lessee from exercising his or her lawful right to prohibit hunting, fishing, or trapping on his or her land, or from exercising any other legal right.

(b)(1) A court of general jurisdiction may enjoin conduct that would be in violation of subsection (a) of this section upon petition by a person affected or who reasonably may be affected by the conduct upon a showing that the conduct is threatened or that it has occurred on a particular premises in the past and that it is not unreasonable to expect that under similar circumstances the conduct will be repeated.

(2)(A) A court of general jurisdiction may award damages, that may include an award for punitive damages, to any person adversely affected by a violation of subsection (a) of this section.

(B) In addition to any other item of special damages, the measure of damages may include expenditures of the affected person for license and permit fees, travel, guides, special equipment, and supplies, to the extent that the expenditures were rendered futile by prevention of taking of a wild animal or fish.

(c)(1)(A) Any person violating a provision of this section and in possession of a firearm is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

(B) Otherwise, a violation of this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

(2) If the person violating this section holds an Arkansas hunting, fishing, or trapping license at the time of conviction, the license is revoked.

(d) This section does not prevent any wildlife officer or other law enforcement officer from performing his or her duties.

CREDIT(S)

Acts of 1991, Act 149, §§ 1 to 4; Acts of 2005, Act 1994, § 483, eff. Aug. 12, 2005.

HISTORICAL AND STATUTORY NOTES

Arkansas Code Revision Commission

Technical changes were made in 2005 and 2006 to conform with the official Arkansas Code of 1987 as approved by the Arkansas Code Revision Commission.

Acts of 2005, Act 1994, § 483, amended the section by rewriting (c), which prior thereto read:

“(c) Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500), or imprisonment for not to exceed thirty (30) days, or both, and if such person holds an Arkansas hunting, fishing, or trapping license at the time of conviction, such license shall be revoked.”

Just saying! :hi:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby AngryDuck2012 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:32 pm

And how are you going to prove that I am doing anything wrong? I am not impeding you to hunt. I am beating you to the spot, and shooting at ducks? Maybe they are 300 Feet in the air but that just makes me a horrible judge of distance. My shotgun could possibly reach that high. Maybe I shot at a wood duck buzzing my hole. Maybe I wanted to get up at 3 in the morning and fish right in the middle of prime duck hunting land. There are plenty of ways around these so called laws my good sir.
AngryDuck2012
Newb

Postby dmadden7070 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:36 pm

What justifies that? You gain nothing personally by doing it and you give every local hunter in the state a bad name. Sure, people will avoid your spot and that area but is it worth it? Why can't you just try being civilized and talk to people. Be reasonable and politely ask them to leave an area if you were there first. On the topic of blind building, I feel like if you place a blind on public property you should understand that other people may hunt it, and that they have every right to. And if it gets to the point that no one can be reasonable and understand the meaning of "public use" then all the blinds should be torn down because they cause more trouble than they're worth. If there wasn't a problem they wouldn't be destroyed.
Be the alligator, not the chicken!
dmadden7070
hunter

Postby AngryDuck2012 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:49 pm

There was never a problem before. We always let people hunt with us if they wanted. We always had room. These people also understood that we put the work into the blind for 80 years and if we had 5-6 people with us they had to leave. Random people coming down to our territory is what ruins it for everyone. These people don't know the rules of where we hunt. People end up shooting ducks out of the air and all that garbage and it ruins it for the people who have been there all our life. We show up at 8. Start hunting and let every duck light that we see. Its new people that ruin it for everyone, so therefore I will ruin it for the new people if I catch them in "our spot"
AngryDuck2012
Newb

Postby cannon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:02 pm

South Carolina really doesn't have any standing to comment on the whole matter. Despite what most people seem to think, the distaste for OOS'ers is genrerally predicated upon their failure to recognize that Arkansas's public WMA's are supposed to exist to serve the residents of ARKANSAS, first & foremost. Non-residents, raising revenues, etc., should be way down on the list of concerns when considering the Natural State's WMA's. that's not to say that you're not welcomed here, but rather that your opinion on our state's public policy and the reaction of our residents isn't relevant to the discussion.

That being said, why y'all feedin' this troll? The only thing that's changed about those WMA's where blinds existed is that boat blinds will be the norm. There'll be no boat race on Big Lake, and trying to race at Tulot Would be stupid. The old timers will be forced to get up earlier, but they'll still hunt where they always have. Just a little less convenient for 'em, that's all.

Local or not, anybody that behaved like he indicated he would would be dealt with by the locals, and harshly. You can't be selective about screwing up everyone's hunting.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby cannon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Big sprig, none of the above was intended as an insult to you. After reading the post, it appeared that I was talking down to you, and I didn't intend it that way. Just meant to say that it's a state issue, and for better or worse, most hunter-residents will have an opinion on it (and most will be sensitive about those opinions).

No offense intended.
cannon
hunter

No more blinds

Postby Arkiewaterfowl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:13 am

^ Cannon is my hero. I'll buy you a beer if I ever run into you. :up:

Angryduck, if you would so greatly help me out, and tell me which one of these is 'your' hole, (people who say that on public land can suck my left nut cause ill beat you to that hole every time!) ill greatly come in and greet you the way you should be. Hope you can swim.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349611974.522181.jpg
Arkiewaterfowl
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:42 am

cannon wrote:Big sprig, none of the above was intended as an insult to you. After reading the post, it appeared that I was talking down to you, and I didn't intend it that way. Just meant to say that it's a state issue, and for better or worse, most hunter-residents will have an opinion on it (and most will be sensitive about those opinions).

No offense intended.

None taken. Understand it is state issue, but feeding trolls is my new online hobby. :beer:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby AngryDuck2012 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:51 am

Arkiewaterfowl,

Bring it. If you wanna get out to the lake at midnight. Maybe you will beat me, but luckily i can sit 100 yards away and screw you over. Its our spot. When your family hunts a spot for 80 years then youll be able to claim one, but luckily i realize that theres a special place for hunters who take other hunters spots and its quite warm down there.
AngryDuck2012
Newb

No more blinds

Postby Arkiewaterfowl » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 pm

AngryDuck2012 wrote:Arkiewaterfowl,

Bring it. If you wanna get out to the lake at midnight. Maybe you will beat me, but luckily i can sit 100 yards away and screw you over. Its our spot. When your family hunts a spot for 80 years then youll be able to claim one, but luckily i realize that theres a special place for hunters who take other hunters spots and its quite warm down there.

It's public land. Yes I understand the frustration of having a family tradition swiped from under you. But this isn't the 70's. there's more public land duck hunters than there is private. I hunt bayou meto more than anything, I grew up hunting a hole my great grandfather cut years and years ago. And it burns me up when I role up and there's someone in it. But I don't set up 100 yards from them, I respect the fact that they beat, it's 1st come 1st serve, so I head to my plan B, as far as I feel comfortable to hunt an not mess them up.

Frankly the attitude you have is immature.
Arkiewaterfowl
hunter

Postby steve-o » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Arkie,
I'm a little late, but well to DHC. are you on the Arkansas hunting site? your user name looks familiar.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dmadden7070 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Arkiewaterfowl wrote:
AngryDuck2012 wrote:Arkiewaterfowl,

It's public land. Yes I understand the frustration of having a family tradition swiped from under you. But this isn't the 70's. there's more public land duck hunters than there is private. I hunt bayou meto more than anything, I grew up hunting a hole my great grandfather cut years and years ago. And it burns me up when I role up and there's someone in it. But I don't set up 100 yards from them, I respect the fact that they beat, it's 1st come 1st serve, so I head to my plan B, as far as I feel comfortable to hunt an not mess them up.

Frankly the attitude you have is immature.

I agree completely. I hunted the Cache River a lot when I was younger. If someone was in a good spot you kept motoring down the River. There is room for everyone. If you don't get up as early, you can hunt, but you have no right to your spot.
dmadden7070
hunter

No more blinds

Postby Arkiewaterfowl » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:44 pm

steve-o wrote:Arkie,
I'm a little late, but well to DHC. are you on the Arkansas hunting site? your user name looks familiar.

Thanks. Been here before and loved this site. Wasn't welcomed by another member. I am on arkansas hunting. Pretty avid over there
Arkiewaterfowl
hunter

Postby steve-o » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Arkiewaterfowl wrote:
steve-o wrote:Arkie,

Thanks. Been here before and loved this site. Wasn't welcomed by another member. I am on arkansas hunting. Pretty avid over there

this is a great site. I'm not so active over on AH. I have gotten to know BDW from there. We have some common ground with our daughters. We would love for you to stick around and become a regular.

dmadden7070, I would like to say welcome to you as well.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dmadden7070 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks! Glad to be here
dmadden7070
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:55 pm

dmadden7070 wrote:Thanks! Glad to be here

:welcome:
cannon
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

My view is similar to Cannon's. First, these are state WMA's for in state hunters. I feel like it should be harder to get an OOSER license to hunt public land. I also feel like if you want to lay claim to something and brag about your heritage there, then buy some land and do what you want with it. You are no more entitled to WMA land than I am.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby bigsprig » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:22 pm

"For in state hunters"

1- it is more expensive to get a hunting license if you are an OOSER, so that is already covered?

2- if Federal funds were used in any way on the site, or by the department it is illegal to close the draw to out of staters (or so our state DNR said when we pushed for closing our one hunt every 3 year draw to OOSERS)

Not arguing, just pointing out.

I would love to own some Arkansas property, but it is not within my po little budget (until I win the lottery then look out cause I am buying all the timber and rice fields I can find!

Peace ><>
bigsprig
hunter

Postby broutdoors » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 pm

It's hunters like this that will try to race you to a hole then when you beat them they want to have a fight.
I see it every year and wonder why (If your so angry about the way our WMA's are structured) don't you find another sport. I understand the Blind regulations have a lot of hunters pissed but I didn't know that it was allowed on any WMA land.You have your SPORTSMEN and you have your REDNECKS pick a side there is no grey area.If you are a redneck you need to find a sport that doesn't involve firearms.
broutdoors
hunter

Postby cannon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:32 am

broutdoors wrote:It's hunters like this that will try to race you to a hole then when you beat them they want to have a fight.
I see it every year and wonder why (If your so angry about the way our WMA's are structured) don't you find another sport. I understand the Blind regulations have a lot of hunters pissed but I didn't know that it was allowed on any WMA land.You have your SPORTSMEN and you have your REDNECKS pick a side there is no grey area.If you are a redneck you need to find a sport that doesn't involve firearms.

What planet you been livin' on? ALL redneck sports involve firearms.

Rednecks are good people (or at least we think we are). Hillbillies too. It's when you get that unfortunate hybrid redneck/hillbilly cross-breed when things go south.
cannon
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting