Hunting NWA?

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Hunting NWA?

Postby duckman11 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:59 am

Has anyone here ever hunted in North West Arkansas? if so, where is a good place?>
duckman11
Newb

Hunting NWA?

Postby T REX N TENN » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:33 pm

THERE IS A WMA JUST WEST OUTSIDE OF HOXIE/WALNUT RIDGE CALLED RAINEY BRAKE/SHIREY BAY THAT HAS PRODUCED SOME HOT TIMBER ACTION AT TIMES.LOCATED OF THE BLACK RIVER. BEEN THREE YEARS SINCE I HAVE BEEN THERE , SO DIRECTIONS ARE A LITTLE FOGGY . A LITTLE ADVICE, GET THERE EEEAAAARRRRLLLYYY!!!!!!LIKE 2 OR 3AM. TRY TO GET IN OR AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN TO THE BIGGEST HOLE ON THE LEFT ABOUT 1/2 MILE DOWN BOAT DITCH.HAVE SEEN IT WHERE A 4 MAN PARTY IS LIMITED BY SUN-UP.GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU MAKE IT POST SOME RESULTS :hammering:
T REX N TENN
Newb

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:17 pm

There are many good places along the Arkanas River and in Oklahoma. Vian Refuge in OK is one of the better places in this area.

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Rainey Brake

Postby duckstalker » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:57 am

Water is low and not good for out-of-staters, this place seems to be governed by the good ol local boys. might want to buy a Arkansas plate for your truck :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
duckstalker
Newb

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:02 am

duckstalker, I have never seen anyone around here give OOS'ers a hard time. Personally, I have run into quite a few at the boat ramp and offered to let them come hunt with me.

You must have had a bad experience. Care to share?
ol' yeller
hunter

Re: Rainey Brake

Postby santeerangerman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:56 pm

duckstalker wrote:Water is low and not good for out-of-staters, this place seems to be governed by the good ol local boys. might want to buy a Arkansas plate for your truck :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Yep!!

That's EXACTLY what I do!

I know that's it's only a FEW that are like that. The vast majority of people I meet there are great! And we have been invited to share a hole a time or two.

But after having a smashed windshield, door panel shot at, and tires flattened, I try to stay away from every one.

The past few years, we have hunted only the fields, where we pay to hunt.
That way we avoid a confrontation.
But I do miss hunting the timber....
santeerangerman
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting