Hunt Location on Mississippi Delta.....please help

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Hunt Location on Mississippi Delta.....please help

Postby imaheelsfan » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:16 pm

Some friends and I are interested in making a journey this winter to hunt the famous Mississippi Delta Flyway. We would like to go to Arkansas, Mississippi or Louisiana beacuse those are the places you hear as being awesome hunts. We would like advice on where and when to go. Have any of you used any guides there?

There are a few things we are looking for in selecting our location/guide service. Of course quality of hunt, but also price, proximity to airport (we'll probably have to fly out there), firendliness of people, loding, etc.

Please, all help is appreciated. Hapy hunting and straight shooting.
imaheelsfan
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:02 pm

Well I'm sure youll have no problems with the people "its a southern thang" pretty much where ever you want to go is going to be a 2hr drive from little rock international. far as prices the delta is going to have a wide range depending on the quailty of the lodge'n mostly. first things first, about mid december youll find it best because its looking like there are only going to be limited places to hunt this year because of the water situation again. ill post again when i round up information.

Update:

Straight from the game and fish. No resident lic will be $55 for 5 days, (SG5) the State stamp (DSR) will be $20.00. You will need to be Hip regesterd. which is free. and will need a copy of waterfowl guide book. because rules are alot differ than most states
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby imaheelsfan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:00 pm

bttt
imaheelsfan
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting