Frog Bayou WMA

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Frog Bayou WMA

Postby dmadden7070 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Anyone ever tried hunting hunting on Frog Bayou WMA south of Alma? How was the hunting?
Be the alligator, not the chicken!
dmadden7070
hunter

Re: Frog Bayou WMA

Postby Park Duck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Ducka errywheres
Park Duck
hunter

Postby dmadden7070 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Really? It seems like a great area, I'm just worried about the crowding issues. I'll probably be down there on the 17th opening weekend to get a feel of things. I'm assuming that will be the craziest it ever gets, so I can gauge if it's worth it or not the rest of the season. May need a hunting buddy or two for opening day. And I'll probably go down and scout next weekend.
dmadden7070
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 pm

beat em to the hole and you ain't got nothing to worry about. anybody gets close give em a good cussing
Park Duck
hunter

Frog Bayou WMA

Postby Arkiewaterfowl » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Park Duck wrote:Ducka errywheres

Patrick is the man to take orders from. If he says its worth it, it is.

On a side note. Go on south another little bit and go to Ed Gordon or Galla creek
Arkiewaterfowl
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:32 pm

OH man....I was in your shoes 4 or 5 years ago...word for word...went to U of A...wanted to duck hunt...looking into everything. All I can tell you...is I hope your journey was nothing like mine...get ready to work your butt off....as for Frog Bayou....bring a bullet proof vest...leave your duck calls and decoys at home....because its nothing but a pass shooting crap fest with 1000 other college students
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby dmadden7070 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:05 pm

ArkansasRobertson wrote:OH man....I was in your shoes 4 or 5 years ago...word for word...went to U of A...wanted to duck hunt...looking into everything. All I can tell you...is I hope your journey was nothing like mine...get ready to work your butt off....as for Frog Bayou....bring a bullet proof vest...leave your duck calls and decoys at home....because its nothing but a pass shooting crap fest with 1000 other college students

Did you ever end up finding any better options? And it's good to know that I'm not the only one
dmadden7070
hunter

Frog Bayou WMA

Postby jimmyscott » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:59 pm

dmadden7070 wrote:
ArkansasRobertson wrote:OH man....I was in your shoes 4 or 5 years ago...word for word...went to U of A...wanted to duck hunt...looking into everything. All I can tell you...is I hope your journey was nothing like mine...get ready to work your butt off....as for Frog Bayou....bring a bullet proof vest...leave your duck calls and decoys at home....because its nothing but a pass shooting crap fest with 1000 other college students

Did you ever end up finding any better options? And it's good to know that I'm not the only one

The reason you're having trouble finding information on good spots in NWA is because there really aren't any. Sad to say, but you already have all the info to the decent areas. I've hunted up here for four years now, and it is hard hunting! Frog Bayou does have some ducks. Best rule of thumb is to make sure you are there when new birds are flying in. The crowds IMO are actually a good thing because it keeps the birds stirred up. The best mornings I've had over there were when it was really crowded. It's best to get a boat and get out on the lake. Once the birds leave the bayou, they generally don't go back. The last piece of advice is to pray for cold temps! Once the farm ponds freeze over, the birds will congregate on the creeks and rivers.
jimmyscott
hunter

Postby dmadden7070 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:34 pm

I may actually end up just bringing a boat up here. I may be able to get a little john boat. Not in great shape but it'll float
dmadden7070
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting