Duck Hunting Forum banner

What have ya bought for this year

3K views 47 replies 14 participants last post by  jc_182002 
#1 ·
Just wondering what kind of new goodies y'all have picked up for this season. I am very green so my list is long, but I figured this would help give myself and some others ideas about what they may have forgotten to pick up.

#3 ·
Yeah it seems like even if I had it I bought it again this year. I think I am finally rigged out though for the most part.
Boat
Dog
A few new calls
Traded in my waders for some that won't require 5 trips to gander mtn for exchanges due to leaks
Upgraded my gear bag
GPS
Few new decoys

Got a few more items I wouldn't mind changing out but I ain't hurting for anything as of right now.

#7 ·
Bought a new boat/motor/trailer. Still getting the kinks worked out on the speed/handling side. Still shooting my 100$ pump 12 gauge, and a beat up 20 over/under for my timber gun. Can't make myself buy a exspensive gun when I know I'm gonna just throw it around in the boat. Blowing the same old olts from last year. Using the GPS app on my phone. Still got warranty on my waders from Mack's.

All that's on my to-do list is buy shells and get my tires rotated and ready for alot of traveling.

#9 ·
AaronR said:
I got some Dakota Decoys and they are pretty sweet! Also picked up a new Super Vinci. Got a Banded Banzai to try out this year too.
the super vinci. its ugly looking, but it sure feels good when you shoulder it. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
PC76 said:
Well that's a good one. I should probably invest in a little propane space heater to take out with me. I am sure it will be worth it during the wait between throwin out the decoys and shooting time. Any recommendations.
I have a small grill that I take, uses those small bottles. Its handy to have so you can cook up a little breakfast and keep warm before shooting hours. Thats if you dont have a long ways to wade and have somewhere to sit it.

#16 ·
Mr.Heater tank-top is what I have. It is what works best for us because I hunt out of a boat. Screws on to your 20 lb. cylinder just like what your outdoor grill uses. I have friends that have the Buddy heaters that use the small propane cylinders and they say they work well. I cook on a coleman single burner and then we lay in front of the heater til shooting light. Its a nice set up.

#17 ·
Sounds like it is a nice setup. I will see this year strikes me like it is going to be a miserable one. It will be different for me this year as I won't be hoofing through thigh to waist deep water for 3/4 mile to get to my spot. Although I feel like I will be getting lazy with the boat and the dog. It sure beats a sweaty pair of waders regardless.

#19 ·
Mr. Heater is great but don't sit there warming your hands a lot or they'll start crackin' on ya.
You gotta be careful with them heaters. Hell on your hands.
Nothing is worse than having 4 fingers on one hand that have two cracks at each fingernail...OUCH!!!
That's when I put on latex gloves after lathering the hands with lotion. Then top with regular gloves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.