What have ya bought for this year

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

What have ya bought for this year

Postby PC76 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Never heard that terminology. I guess it
Ate $hit would of been something I'm more familiar with.
User avatar
PC76
hunter
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm


Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 pm

PC76 wrote:Just wondering what kind of new goodies y'all have picked up for this season. I am very green so my list is long, but I figured this would help give myself and some others ideas about what they may have forgotten to pick up.


A left handed Benelli Super Black Eagle II...I cuddle with it every night
User avatar
ArkansasRobertson
hunter
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:35 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby dmadden7070 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 am

ArkansasRobertson wrote:
PC76 wrote:Just wondering what kind of new goodies y'all have picked up for this season. I am very green so my list is long, but I figured this would help give myself and some others ideas about what they may have forgotten to pick up.


A left handed Benelli Super Black Eagle II...I cuddle with it every night


They make SBEII left handed?!?! :eek: I feel like that decided what my next shotgun will be. Buying left handed is miserable!
Be the alligator, not the chicken!
dmadden7070
hunter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby Coy B » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I bought me a house in Gosnell so I can hunt Big Lake since they have don away with the blinds I spoke with AFAG in Jonesboro and was advised if harrassed to call 911 and they would escort harassers out
Coy B
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:46 am

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby cannon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Coy B wrote:I bought me a house in Gosnell so I can hunt Big Lake since they have don away with the blinds I spoke with AFAG in Jonesboro and was advised if harrassed to call 911 and they would escort harassers out


I wouldn't start dancing just yet. As I understand it, there is a lawsuit pending which seeks a temporary restraining order which would preclude the AGFC from removing blinds. I'd be willing to bet that those blinds will be there for a while, and by "a while" I mean all of the '12/'13 season. Better put a hold on that gloat for now.

AGFC's responsive pleadings, which requested removal of the case to Little Rock, were denied. The judge made clear that he'd be hearing the case. The matter appears to be far from settled.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 pm

dmadden7070 wrote:
ArkansasRobertson wrote:
PC76 wrote:Just wondering what kind of new goodies y'all have picked up for this season. I am very green so my list is long, but I figured this would help give myself and some others ideas about what they may have forgotten to pick up.


A left handed Benelli Super Black Eagle II...I cuddle with it every night


They make SBEII left handed?!?! :eek: I feel like that decided what my next shotgun will be. Buying left handed is miserable!


Yeah man. I searched long for one too. Ended up tracking one down at Bass Pro shops in Springfield, MO. I got it for 1479. It was 10 percent off if you signed up for a credit card.
User avatar
ArkansasRobertson
hunter
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:35 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby dmadden7070 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Last gun I bought was a Left handed Remington 870 and it has held up really well. Remington is all i've ever really shot, but I know people that swear by Benelli.
Be the alligator, not the chicken!
dmadden7070
hunter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 pm

dmadden7070 wrote:Last gun I bought was a Left handed Remington 870 and it has held up really well. Remington is all i've ever really shot, but I know people that swear by Benelli.

the only problem i got is...by the time my site is on the target...i already shot 3 times
User avatar
ArkansasRobertson
hunter
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:35 pm
Location: Arkansas

What have ya bought for this year

Postby PC76 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:04 pm

My Dad's wing master that he bought back in the late 70s is still just as good of a gun as the day it was bought. My next gun will be a Remington, but for now the stoeger 2000 hasn't let me down once.
User avatar
PC76
hunter
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby rivershark » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Is there any public reading on that lawsuit?
i dont know who you are or where you're going, but its a race to get there!
there are 3 things that make or break a friendship: politics, religion and duck hunting
rivershark
hunter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:11 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby ARduckboy24 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 pm

A boat,mojos,bout 3 dozen decoys,and hoping to add a speck call and decoys before the season starts.21 days :biggrin: :yes:
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby ARduckboy24 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 pm

ARduckboy24 wrote:A boat,mojos,bout 3 dozen decoys,and hoping to add a speck call and decoys before the season starts.21 days :biggrin: :yes:

My bad 22 days.
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:35 pm

What have ya bought for this year

Postby PC76 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:37 am

Looks like they got ya too.
User avatar
PC76
hunter
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 pm

7.3l super duty. :crying:
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12709
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby steve-o » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:43 pm

why you crying about the new super duty?
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby PC76 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Well I think I am finally all set up...well kind of. I still need another dozen, but I am waiting on those Cherokee Sports Fusions to be restocked. I do need a way to keep my magnum decoys nice. I actually went out, and spent some money on these if you guys have any insight on a nice bag that will hold a dozen magnum dekes I would think slotted would be the way to go.
User avatar
PC76
hunter
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby AaronR » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:29 am

PC76 wrote:Well I think I am finally all set up...well kind of. I still need another dozen, but I am waiting on those Cherokee Sports Fusions to be restocked. I do need a way to keep my magnum decoys nice. I actually went out, and spent some money on these if you guys have any insight on a nice bag that will hold a dozen magnum dekes I would think slotted would be the way to go.


I bought a slotted bag for my Dakota Decoys and have slotted bags for all of my full body decoys as well. They are nice and keep the decoys in good shape. For sure worth few extra bucks to keep you good decoys looking nice.
User avatar
AaronR
hunter
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby aunt betty » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:08 am

I bought a few things recently. Shotgun, pistol, and a boat.
The prices were way too good to pass up.
Beretta AL390
Taurus .357 revolver
Loweline 14-36 river-jon with a 15 HP evinrude.
hat 002.jpg

boat 004.jpg
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
hunter
 
Posts: 10653
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby Coy B » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Called AFAG and they told me they were taking blind out as we spoke
Coy B
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:46 am

What have ya bought for this year

Postby PC76 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 pm

aunt betty wrote:I bought a few things recently. Shotgun, pistol, and a boat.
The prices were way too good to pass up.
Beretta AL390
Taurus .357 revolver
Loweline 14-36 river-jon with a 15 HP evinrude.
hat 002.jpg

boat 004.jpg

Looks like your all set up for the metro now Betty.
User avatar
PC76
hunter
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm

What have ya bought for this year

Postby PC76 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 pm

AaronR wrote:
PC76 wrote:Well I think I am finally all set up...well kind of. I still need another dozen, but I am waiting on those Cherokee Sports Fusions to be restocked. I do need a way to keep my magnum decoys nice. I actually went out, and spent some money on these if you guys have any insight on a nice bag that will hold a dozen magnum dekes I would think slotted would be the way to go.


I bought a slotted bag for my Dakota Decoys and have slotted bags for all of my full body decoys as well. They are nice and keep the decoys in good shape. For sure worth few extra bucks to keep you good decoys looking nice.

Well I ended up getting a couple. Great deal on them, and screw it. It may be an extra bag to carry but it beats dropping a few hundred bucks every year or two to get nice looking decoys.
User avatar
PC76
hunter
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:26 pm

steve-o wrote:why you crying about the new super duty?


The old truck was working fine.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12709
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: What have ya bought for this year

Postby jc_182002 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 am

too much.... lets just say i hope santa brings me something to pay my card statement off with!
User avatar
jc_182002
hunter
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 am
Location: SW Arkansas

Previous

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests