Flood Stage

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Flood Stage

Postby Cypress_Bend » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 am

Hey guys, I've been doing my homework and I am thinking about doing some hunting around the Augusta and McCrory area. I am not saying the name of the river so that it will not bring extra attention. For the people that know where I am talking about can you be kind enough to tell me what the riverstage needs to be so that there is suitable hunting in the timber. I dont wanna come hunt if the only water is in the ditch bank.
Cypress_Bend
hunter

Re: Flood Stage

Postby jimmyscott » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 pm

White River? Cache River? There's nothing secret about those places. I hear water levels are low.
Last edited by jimmyscott on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmyscott
hunter

Postby Cypress_Bend » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 pm

All I was wanting to know is the water guage height.. Is that to much to ask?
Cypress_Bend
hunter

Flood Stage

Postby Arkiewaterfowl » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:15 pm

You say those towns everyone knows what rivers are there. Google the river name and town and you can find live data. If there's water there will be 50 trucks at every ramp.
Arkiewaterfowl
hunter

Postby Duckslayer19 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:31 am

If the cache isn't over 8 foot, then it's almost a waste of time. 8 and over and you can find some timber holes to get into.
As far as the white goes, between 20 and 32 ft. But there's no public timber there at any level, and they heavilly enforce trespassing in that area. So you are forced hunting the river itself. If the white gets above 28 ft, then there's plenty of water in Henry gray hurricane lake. But you will really have to scout that place out and find a few different holes, because the locals will beat you to those holes. So always have backups, and carry a gps because if it's your first time, you will get lost.
Duckslayer19
hunter

Postby cannon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:46 am

If it hits 10 ft @ Patterson, you're good to go. Beware, however, of the fact that the Cache is prone to go up or down by a foot in an hour's time.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting