T Minus 3 Days & Counting

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Thu May 09, 2013 6:19 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
cannon wrote:Construction is fun. Expensive, but fun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was so dirty inside those walls, we stirred up so much dust it looked like a combine eating soybeans.


More asbestos exposure? Better wash good

Just dirt and dirt. Several 35 gallon trash cans of dirt.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR


Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm

cannon wrote:I'm makin progress. Slow progress . . . but progress, nonetheless.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Looking great man! That's going to be one awesome place.
We spent two days patching things my former carpenter didn't do to satisfaction. Now the build is on me. Which is fine. I prefer my way better.
Here's a little reminder of why we do all this work.
http://vimeo.com/65612002
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby cannon » Thu May 09, 2013 7:29 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Looking great man! That's going to be one awesome place.
We spent two days patching things my former carpenter didn't do to satisfaction. Now the build is on me. Which is fine. I prefer my way better.
Here's a little reminder of why we do all this work.
http://vimeo.com/65612002


Thanks, bro. The only advantage of a very wet spring has been the opportunity to spend lots of time driving nails. FWIW, I'm 6,000 deep in Bostitch 10d nails right now. I'm not sure another 2,000 will do it. Either way, I think you're right: I don't think it'd be the same if someone else did it. For better or worse, I want my mark on it.

Saw the video. If I weren't so manly, I might have teared up. That was phenomenal. What makes it better is recognizing the faces & places.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu May 09, 2013 7:53 pm

cannon wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:Looking great man! That's going to be one awesome place.
We spent two days patching things my former carpenter didn't do to satisfaction. Now the build is on me. Which is fine. I prefer my way better.
Here's a little reminder of why we do all this work.
http://vimeo.com/65612002


Thanks, bro. The only advantage of a very wet spring has been the opportunity to spend lots of time driving nails. FWIW, I'm 6,000 deep in Bostitch 10d nails right now. I'm not sure another 2,000 will do it. Either way, I think you're right: I don't think it'd be the same if someone else did it. For better or worse, I want my mark on it.

Saw the video. If I weren't so manly, I might have teared up. That was phenomenal. What makes it better is recognizing the faces & places.

Agrees Todd. So cool to be able to say I've been to this place where this video was shot.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12465
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 am

Cannon,
Tell me more about your floor plan. I'm trying to decipher what it is I'm seeing. I'm also curious about the second floor landing. I can't wait to see it in person.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby cannon » Fri May 10, 2013 9:46 am

Landing will be about 10'x20'. Under that is laundry. The other side of the building will be bedrooms & baths all the way to the ceiling. Will be 4 bed 3 1/2 bath when we get it done.

I hope to be done by like 2027.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Fri May 10, 2013 10:21 am

cannon wrote:Landing will be about 10'x20'. Under that is laundry. The other side of the building will be bedrooms & baths all the way to the ceiling. Will be 4 bed 3 1/2 bath when we get it done.

I hope to be done by like 2027.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That's very impressive.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby cannon » Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 am

ByersFarm wrote:
cannon wrote:Landing will be about 10'x20'. Under that is laundry. The other side of the building will be bedrooms & baths all the way to the ceiling. Will be 4 bed 3 1/2 bath when we get it done.

I hope to be done by like 2027.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That's very impressive.

We'll see. It is possible, given the construction, that a stiff breeze will put it all on the ground.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 pm

How big is the slab? What all will be on the second floor? I'm way too curious.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby cannon » Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Slab is 42x40. We have a 12x20 kitchen in the farm shop that'll be attached. Second floor will have 2 +\- 15x19 bedrooms & a jack & Jill between em. Top will be about 1000 feet. Bottom will be about 2200 if you include the kitchen. The living room downstairs will be about 19x28, but it shrinks a lot when you take out the fireplace, stairs, & bathroom. I'd call it a 16x20 where useable space is concerned.

Blew my bother in law's pancake compressor up today, so I lost a couple of hours, but we got the 2nd story floor joists finished.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368313700.972577.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Sat May 11, 2013 7:41 pm

cannon wrote:Slab is 42x40. We have a 12x20 kitchen in the farm shop that'll be attached. Second floor will have 2 +\- 15x19 bedrooms & a jack & Jill between em. Top will be about 1000 feet. Bottom will be about 2200 if you include the kitchen. The living room downstairs will be about 19x28, but it shrinks a lot when you take out the fireplace, stairs, & bathroom. I'd call it a 16x20 where useable space is concerned.

Blew my bother in law's pancake compressor up today, so I lost a couple of hours, but we got the 2nd story floor joists finished.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368313700.972577.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're basically building our entire clubhouse in a summer. We are at 3,400 square feet. Four bed, two and a half bath. Our living room is 30x35. I can't wait to see it. That's an impressive project.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby cannon » Sat May 11, 2013 7:58 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
cannon wrote:Slab is 42x40. We have a 12x20 kitchen in the farm shop that'll be attached. Second floor will have 2 +\- 15x19 bedrooms & a jack & Jill between em. Top will be about 1000 feet. Bottom will be about 2200 if you include the kitchen. The living room downstairs will be about 19x28, but it shrinks a lot when you take out the fireplace, stairs, & bathroom. I'd call it a 16x20 where useable space is concerned.

Blew my bother in law's pancake compressor up today, so I lost a couple of hours, but we got the 2nd story floor joists finished.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368313700.972577.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're basically building our entire clubhouse in a summer. We are at 3,400 square feet. Four bed, two and a half bath. Our living room is 30x35. I can't wait to see it. That's an impressive project.


Nah, it'll never have the character that your place has. It much more resembles a box on the back of a farm shop. Like I said, I've been kicking the tires on building a shack down there for 10 years, but farming full-time gives rise to the need for a pad to crash in during the heat of the growing season, and a duckin' shack will be a nice side-benefit.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Sun May 12, 2013 4:16 pm

cannon wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
cannon wrote:Slab is 42x40. We have a 12x20 kitchen in the farm shop that'll be attached. Second floor will have 2 +\- 15x19 bedrooms & a jack & Jill between em. Top will be about 1000 feet. Bottom will be about 2200 if you include the kitchen. The living room downstairs will be about 19x28, but it shrinks a lot when you take out the fireplace, stairs, & bathroom. I'd call it a 16x20 where useable space is concerned.

Blew my bother in law's pancake compressor up today, so I lost a couple of hours, but we got the 2nd story floor joists finished.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368313700.972577.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're basically building our entire clubhouse in a summer. We are at 3,400 square feet. Four bed, two and a half bath. Our living room is 30x35. I can't wait to see it. That's an impressive project.


Nah, it'll never have the character that your place has. It much more resembles a box on the back of a farm shop. Like I said, I've been kicking the tires on building a shack down there for 10 years, but farming full-time gives rise to the need for a pad to crash in during the heat of the growing season, and a duckin' shack will be a nice side-benefit.

Ours has been added on to so many times its looks awkward. No one thought ours had character in 1955. Give it time. I just hope you don't end up with as many bullet holes as our did.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Thu May 16, 2013 10:54 am

ImageImage
Finished the bedroom Monday and we're getting insulated today. Image
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby steve-o » Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 am

next time you spray foam give me a shot at it. :thumbsup:

who is doing the foaming?
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Thu May 16, 2013 12:04 pm

steve-o wrote:next time you spray foam give me a shot at it. :thumbsup:

who is doing the foaming?

Do you do that? A buddy of mine from Jackson TN is doing it.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby steve-o » Thu May 16, 2013 1:13 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:next time you spray foam give me a shot at it. :thumbsup:

who is doing the foaming?

Do you do that? A buddy of mine from Jackson TN is doing it.

yes, alot. 1/2 lb, 2 lb, 10 lb
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby cannon » Thu May 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Looking good, bud.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Thu May 16, 2013 3:00 pm

steve-o wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:next time you spray foam give me a shot at it. :thumbsup:

who is doing the foaming?

Do you do that? A buddy of mine from Jackson TN is doing it.

yes, alot. 1/2 lb, 2 lb, 10 lb

I had no idea. Will call next time, though you'd have to be very cheap.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby steve-o » Thu May 16, 2013 3:12 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:next time you spray foam give me a shot at it. :thumbsup:

who is doing the foaming?

Do you do that? A buddy of mine from Jackson TN is doing it.

yes, alot. 1/2 lb, 2 lb, 10 lb

I had no idea. Will call next time, though you'd have to be very cheap.

you never know. it's worth a shot.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby cannon » Thu May 16, 2013 3:52 pm

steve-o wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:next time you spray foam give me a shot at it. :thumbsup:

who is doing the foaming?

Do you do that? A buddy of mine from Jackson TN is doing it.

yes, alot. 1/2 lb, 2 lb, 10 lb

I had no idea. Will call next time, though you'd have to be very cheap.

you never know. it's worth a shot.


Do any work in Jonesboro?
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby steve-o » Thu May 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Haven't but would. I had guys on a job in Clinton this week. Jonesboro would be a much easier drive.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby cannon » Thu May 16, 2013 4:11 pm

I'll holla at ya. I have one wall I was gonna use bats on because I couldn't spray it at the time they blew in the rest of it (it would have kept me from having an even surface to frame against.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby ByersFarm » Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 pm

steve-o wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:next time you spray foam give me a shot at it. :thumbsup:

who is doing the foaming?

Do you do that? A buddy of mine from Jackson TN is doing it.

yes, alot. 1/2 lb, 2 lb, 10 lb

I had no idea. Will call next time, though you'd have to be very cheap.

you never know. it's worth a shot.

Oh no doubt. Had I any real clue what you did for a living I certainly would have called. Your career is more ambiguous than mine.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12880
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu May 16, 2013 9:31 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
steve-o wrote:next time you spray foam give me a shot at it. :thumbsup:

who is doing the foaming?

Do you do that? A buddy of mine from Jackson TN is doing it.

yes, alot. 1/2 lb, 2 lb, 10 lb

I had no idea. Will call next time, though you'd have to be very cheap.

you never know. it's worth a shot.

Oh no doubt. Had I any real clue what you did for a living I certainly would have called. Your career is more ambiguous than mine.


Seriously, I thought Steve worked in a tire shop or factory of some sorts.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 6742
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

PreviousNext

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests