T Minus 3 Days & Counting

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Re: T Minus 3 Days & Counting

Postby quack-n-stack » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Cannon worrie none!!! We had a boot lip beatdown!!
quack-n-stack
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:08 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353190048.494486.jpg

The cabin.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cannon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:19 pm

steve-o wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353190048.494486.jpg

The cabin.

Oh! That is GOOD stuff right there. I'd guess black river.

My brother-in-law hunted at DD this morning and said they did real well. heard from a few buddies over at Big Lake that said they smoked 'em also. I know that the guys down at Byers Farm hit 'em hard, cause i saw pictures. Sounds like it was universally a decent morning for being a duck hunting Arkansan. That's a major 180* turn from last year's maritime monsoon high-water warning conditions.

Post 'em up, fellas. Let's see those opening morning tailgate shots.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby steve-o » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 pm

We are at Rainey brake. Everyone we talked to around here put the hammer down. It was tough hunting cause there were so many people. Just as birds broke tree top the group next to you would shoot. Took us until about 10:30 to finish the limit. We picked up a guy from South Carolina that lives in Jonesboro. He got turned around and wasn't sure were he was. It was his first trip to RB. We told him he needed to stay with us. Turned out he has one hell of a retriever. The dog was 25 for 26.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cannon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:49 pm

steve-o wrote:We are at Rainey brake. Everyone we talked to around here put the hammer down. It was tough hunting cause there were so many people. Just as birds broke tree top the group next to you would shoot. Took us until about 10:30 to finish the limit. We picked up a guy from South Carolina that lives in Jonesboro. He got turned around and wasn't sure were he was. It was his first trip to RB. We told him he needed to stay with us. Turned out he has one hell of a retriever. The dog was 25 for 26.

That's characteristic of what I heard everywhere in the woods. Not enough water to thin the crowds, but enough to hold good numbers of ducks. We got done and out with 7 limits by 8:00, but would have been out far earlier if not for trying to shoot around Gibbyland's national bird. Tomorrow morning ill have to be out of the blind with dek's picked up by 8:00, so we'll be firing the shot across the bow that starts the war on shovelers at the Trigger Happy Hunting Club.
cannon
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Had some boom scouters (we talked to them after the hunt) get the hole we hunted Saturday, so we had to work with sloppy seconds. Still scratched out a dozen or so. We don't count when we know we aren't close.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cannon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:08 pm

We scratched out 40, but had to leave two shy of full bags to make church at 8:30. Did manage to smoke the season's first 4 shovelers, though :)
cannon
hunter

Postby Humpbackshooter » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Wish we had that kind of shoot. Opening day, 14 people divided up into 3 groups and hit the fields. Our group was the only ones that put any meat on the table.(10 Gads) Other groups total only one bird. The G.W. showed up as we was leaving. It was kinda funny. He came in the field from the back as we turned and went out the side gate. He jumped back in the truck and chase us down at the house. Said that he thought that we was running from him. All was good. Everyone was legal. Asked how the other parties in the area was doing and he said that he had not seen a limit yet.
Cannon, I think he's from up around your area. A little short young fellow. He sees things from my level.
very nice. think his name was "Scott". ( Think thats his last name). Said that he was tranfered down to Monroe & Lee counties. Tried to feed him Breakfast, but he said no thanks. But if we fixed the crappie again- call him.

Sunday... still the same. Only 10 birds got the 4-wheeler ride back to the house. ( 2 of them was a gh & susie.)
Hump.
Humpbackshooter
hunter

Postby mitchmc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:48 am

ok....heres the report from Egypt...saturday we had 28 huntersat the club and got 28 limits...thats 168 ducks. then on sunday we had 26 hunters and 3 ducks shy of 26 limits..thats 153 ducks. GRAND TOTAL 321 duckies...lots of teal and good numbers of gadwall, widgeon, mallards, the pintails were few and far between and we did kill some spoons but not near what we have in years past. i have great pics but i got to figure how to post. says the files are too big. hope everyone had a great opener!!!
YOU GOT TO BUST UM IN THE LIPS!!
mitchmc
hunter

Postby jdr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 am

steve-o wrote:We are at Rainey brake. Everyone we talked to around here put the hammer down. It was tough hunting cause there were so many people. Just as birds broke tree top the group next to you would shoot. Took us until about 10:30 to finish the limit. We picked up a guy from South Carolina that lives in Jonesboro. He got turned around and wasn't sure were he was. It was his first trip to RB. We told him he needed to stay with us. Turned out he has one hell of a retriever. The dog was 25 for 26.

Was his name Tom and had a yellow and a black? He hit us up Friday night and asked if he could tag along with us, we were like sure, especially with the dog. Saturday morning we were the first in line out of the hole and I asked him multiple times if he could keep up in the timber, he assured me he could. 4AM hits and we were off, 405AM we get to our hole and no Tom :eek: . We had another group of guys that was going to launch around 4:10-4:15 and was hoping he would go back to the launch and follow them in. Seemed like a real friendly kid, has some great looking dogs. There were a TON of people in the woods, and all in the boat lane. We scratched out a few Saturday and Sunday.
jdr
hunter

Postby steve-o » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:48 am

jdr wrote:

Was his name Tom and had a yellow and a black? He hit us up Friday night and asked if he could tag along with us, we were like sure, especially with the dog. Saturday morning we were the first in line out of the hole and I asked him multiple times if he could keep up in the timber, he assured me he could. 4AM hits and we were off, 405AM we get to our hole and no Tom :eek: . We had another group of guys that was going to launch around 4:10-4:15 and was hoping he would go back to the launch and follow them in. Seemed like a real friendly kid, has some great looking dogs. There were a TON of people in the woods, and all in the boat lane. We scratched out a few Saturday and Sunday.

That's him. he said he hit a log and got hung up. He came by us once and came back again and stopped. He didn't know he had turned around. We told him it would be best to just stay with us and hunt. You missed out on the dog. She is good.
Did I see you with a new e tec? I saw the sticker on the side of it as y'all were leaving Sunday.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jdr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 am

Yes that was me, I was pulling the camo camper out, and my cousin was pulling my boat. Were y'all before or after the film crew on Sunday? We had a good hunt, but I hunt with 3 guys that don't call, so with just me calling I couldn't even get the ducks to look at us unless they came from rest area. Alot of good groups working this past weekend. Etec ran great this weekend, until Sunday when I lodged a log in between my cmc and transom and kept getting blow outs. I'm going to hit it hard Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday of this week.
jdr
hunter

Postby steve-o » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 am

We were after the film crew. Feel sorry for you having to call on your own. It seemed to take a lot of calling to get them down.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jdr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Yea, it is what it is, it was an awesome view seeing those birds work and circle. If y'all are out there this weekend, good luck!
jdr
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:45 pm

We've been in them pretty good.
ImageImage
Cannon's trip today.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby jdr » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:34 am

Great pics Byers!!
jdr
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for the strap cannon. It came in handy today.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Humpbackshooter » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Nice shootin there Byer's. That will make a nice batch of "duck balls". Sent a few south about 22 miles toward Monroe. I need to get more of the misses out of my barrels.
Hump.
Humpbackshooter
hunter

Postby cannon » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:29 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Thanks for the strap cannon. It came in handy today.

Well, I sure didn't need it :(. We struggled to get the 8 birds we carried out this morning. Too much mileage on the birds in this town. Time to crank the pumps again tomorrow and change our scenery a bit.
cannon
hunter

Postby Scott. » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Hunted with a buddy up in Delaplaine on opening weekend, and we got 18 birds total. Seen tons of birds, but they just wanted nothing to do with us. Went out today and got 27 greyducks and one greenhead by 8:30 down here in southwest AR. Need rain!!
"Honorable scars are not to be penalized."
"There are two kinds of people in the world without beards. Women and boys. I am neither."
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:53 pm

Good Thanksgiving Morning - Turkeys gobbling & deer walking edge of duck hole.
6 Mallards, 3 Gadwall
Attachments
IMG_1830 - Copy.JPG
AR Dave
hunter

Postby mitchmc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:12 pm

here is opening day from Egypt. 162 ducks..... 27 hunters. what a great opener!!!!
Attachments
opening day (800x358).jpg
YOU GOT TO BUST UM IN THE LIPS!!
mitchmc
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:39 pm

I've been putting it to good use cannon.

4 man limit of ducks and specks. Image

4 more the next day with ten snows. The strap got a workout those days.
Another bonus. That's four in four days in this pit. Image

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Another four man limit to close the first split. Image

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby AR Dave » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:38 pm

20 Gadwall yesterday - 18 Gadwall today. We have a lot of Gadwall between Morrilton & Russellville. Watched hundreds of ducks flying in to roost on one of our flooded fields tonight.. Going to be a great year.

I'm new to this forum - doesn't seem to be much duckhuntingchat from Arkansas, other than guide services. Maybe everyone has been too busy hunting.
AR Dave
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting