headin' your way

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

headin' your way

Postby harvey1b » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:56 am

Hello fellas!

I just got word from the boss that I am going to the Fort Smith area for a business trip at the end of September/early October for a week. I was hoping to get some duck hunting in while I'm down there. Looking at the seasons I may be down there too early for ducks, but I'ld love to get in on some dove action or any other birds that might be open.

Does anyone have any suggestions/thoughts? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt :salude:
harvey1b
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:56 am

harvey, you may hit part of our early teal season if you come in late September and our duck season doesn't traditionally start until the end of November. Also, it seems like 99% of the hunters here have quit shooting dove a couple of weeks after the season opens on Sept. 2. The good news is if you come in early October you should hit one of the weekends for the early resident canada goose season.

I'm from Fort Smith and live about 20 miles from there now. About that time of year I head to the lake to do some camping, but shoot me a PM as it gets closer to your trip and we'll see what we can't work out.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:44 am

thanks ol' yeller. I'll drop you a line when the details become clearer.

Of course you will be welcome to hunt up here in NY whenever you would like :salude:
harvey1b
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting