Bayou Meto Water Levels

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Bayou Meto Water Levels

Postby poorboy2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:12 pm

I was checking to see how much water is in the upper and lower valier if any, to be able to run a boat up the ditches. thanks
poorboy2
Newb

Re: Bayou Meto Water Levels

Postby Slash LaReux » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:32 pm

You can launch at the spillway at the upper. At the lower water is just to the cable.
Slash LaReux
hunter

Postby poorboy2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:30 am

i am not sure what you mean by just by the cable ?? so there is plenty of water to run up and down the main ditches, about how deep is it inside the woods at this time, thanks for the infomation
poorboy2
Newb

Postby Slash LaReux » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 pm

When you launch at the lower their is a cable across the road to the spillway, the one you are not to pass before 4:30 am. The
Cable prevents auto traffic and does not extend across the boat row. As of the 25 th of this month water from Little Bayou has only backed down the boat row to the cable.....about 30 more yards till it hits the bottom of the boat ramp. Long story short NO water in the woods, only in Little Bayou, Brushy and Bubbling Slough. To be honest I don't even think the boards are in. I would surely hope so but G&F at Monticello who oversee the whole operation are a strange bunch. Hope this helps.
Slash LaReux
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 am

:help:
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Slash LaReux » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Sometimes I think the missmanagement of Bayou Meto borders on criminal negligence. Having witnessed it decline for the last 15 or so years I can only conclude that the state agency charged with seeing that it is used wisely has given in, or given up. At least one may take solice in knowing that "Five Elms" will have its rest area complete. Maybe 40,000 acres of moist soil management is what the hunters of our state have been needing.
Slash LaReux
hunter

Bayou Meto Water Levels

Postby Ztkirkpatric » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:42 pm

The boards have been in since the 15th of October... It just hasn't rained.... The water doesn't just appear from nowhere... Waters too low to run a boat and no water in the woods.
Ztkirkpatric
hunter

Postby tcaulder » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Does any one know about Big lake water levels in the Wma
tcaulder
hunter

Postby DeltaKing » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:05 am

:help: :help:
DeltaKing
hunter

Postby Slash LaReux » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Holy crap, rain in fact doesn't come from nowhere, it comes from the continuous and unwavering rain dances being preformed by the poor common hords of hunters relegated to hunting public grounds. Alas, we can't waver from our dances. Word has it that the rain gauges at the old Vertac plant are not yet full and little runoff is expected.
Slash LaReux
hunter

Postby greenster » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:34 pm

:help: :help: :help:
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Slash LaReux » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Now don't think we can drop the corn stalks just yet (rain dance) but water is in the ditch up to the ramp at the lower and few guys are running it.
Slash LaReux
hunter

Postby poorboy2 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:28 pm

That's a good thing. Hopefully some more will come in the next week too. Has there been a lot of birds in the area
poorboy2
Newb

Bayou Meto Water Levels

Postby Ztkirkpatric » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

No
Ztkirkpatric
hunter

Postby Slash LaReux » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Well what we lack in ducks we more than make up for in out of state hunters. It was close but Sc barely edged out Ga. Alot of long faces loading up boats. Remember boys it's BYOT bring your own tree! Or is it OD own ducks ? maybe OW own water? Hell who knows its the Metro......And on a personal note if the guys who are leaving boxes of shells hidden in trees and root wads PLEASE keep it up the kids in our group are having a blast looking for them, then seeing who can pry them open and liberate the shot.
Resealing them or course. And with the rafts of acorns available they have created a new non toxic shot of their own.
Slash LaReux
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting