Any luck?

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Any luck?

Postby ARduckboy24 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 pm

Ive shot a few woodies, 2 gads, 1 mallard, and a blue goose. Guys on refuge have been shooting a few cans and I may head over there Sunday. So thats my season summary so far what about you guys.
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Re: Any luck?

Postby dmadden7070 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 am

haven't fired a shell. not enough water where we hunt in jackson county
Be the alligator, not the chicken!
dmadden7070
hunter

Any luck?

Postby PC76 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Hunts I have been on put down 31 so far.
3 spoons
4 green wing teal
2 woodies
1 wigeon
8 gadwall
13 mallard

27 of those being on 2 hunts.

I am on a high with this being my second season. Although I have hadn't casualties. Busted iphone glass broke. My tilt bracket. Spotlight crapped out.
PC76
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:17 pm

PC76 wrote:Hunts I have been on put down 31 so far.
3 spoons
4 green wing teal
2 woodies
1 wigeon
8 gadwall
13 mallard

27 of those being on 2 hunts.

I am on a high with this being my second season. Although I have hadn't casualties. Busted iphone glass broke. My tilt bracket. Spotlight crapped out.

Have you been hunting hurricane.
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Any luck?

Postby PC76 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Never hunted hurricane. Would like to but never got around to scouting it preseason as I heard it is very different once water levels change.
PC76
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:16 pm

PC76 wrote:Never hunted hurricane. Would like to but never got around to scouting it preseason as I heard it is very different once water levels change.

It's is me and my dad have hunted it but we don't participate in the boat races we just walk in. We also hunt the baldknob refuge as a kind of last resort.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Any luck?

Postby PC76 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:29 am

Yeah. The bald knob refuge is nice if u can get it on a day that its not heavily hunted. Almost never happens though. I haven't walk in hunted yet this year. Although I have the next 3 days off and everyone else I hunt with has to work.
PC76
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm

PC76 wrote:Yeah. The bald knob refuge is nice if u can get it on a day that its not heavily hunted. Almost never happens though. I haven't walk in hunted yet this year. Although I have the next 3 days off and everyone else I hunt with has to work.

If you got a four wheeler and go down ditch 13 road and set up on a field you can kill a few but the closer you are to the sanctuary the more like a magnet it is.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Any luck?

Postby PC76 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Well I opted for a boat opposed to the 4 wheeler. Could only get one of the toys this year. Although we have had little water I definetly made the right choice there. Got me about a billion new places to hunt, and I'm actually getting on birds. Still not experienced enough to go out and hammer em. Atleast I'm getting on birds. I had an experience a week ago with about 100-150 mallards decoying. That got me hooked all over again. Hopefully in the morning it turns out.
PC76
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 pm

PC76 wrote:Well I opted for a boat opposed to the 4 wheeler. Could only get one of the toys this year. Although we have had little water I definetly made the right choice there. Got me about a billion new places to hunt, and I'm actually getting on birds. Still not experienced enough to go out and hammer em. Atleast I'm getting on birds. I had an experience a week ago with about 100-150 mallards decoying. That got me hooked all over again. Hopefully in the morning it turns out.

Wow I did'nt think there was that many mallards in the state.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting