Need help shooting dream bird.

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Need help shooting dream bird.

Postby ARduckboy24 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Hey guys I was wondering if you could Call snow geese or specklebellys in with a mallard call. My dad is taking me to hunt public land in central Arkansas to try and get me a speck or get lucky and shoot a banded goose. We don't have layout blinds and I had a craphead(quack head) snow goose call but the entire set of guts just fell out only the reeds and I never even took it apart. We have a four wheeler and are probably going to carry in a few decoys but we can't drive the fourwheelr to the exact spot so we will have to carry them part way. Would it be a good idea to mix in some mallards and pintails because my dads a puddle duck hunter at heart and I wanna prove to him you can shoot ducks in a dry field in central Arkansas. All the decoys are snow goose shells. Any help would be great. Plus any other suggestions would be awesome to. Another I asked about the duck decoys is because I don't know if it would seem more natural are not. Plus is it a good idea to set mojos out. Even if it's off to the side a little ways.
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Re: Need help shooting dream bird.

Postby TonkaDuk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Forget any spinners when it comes to geese. If your dream bird is a snow goose...I would drive and find an owner and sneek a ditch line and hopefully you could get a dream load of snows!
TonkaDuk
hunter

Re: Need help shooting dream bird.

Postby ARduckboy24 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:49 pm

TonkaDuk wrote:Forget any spinners when it comes to geese. If your dream bird is a snow goose...I would drive and find an owner and sneek a ditch line and hopefully you could get a dream load of snows!

It's not a snow that's my dream bird it's a big ole mature specklebelly is one of em after woodie, canvasback, and pintail.
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting