3 guys, 50 dekes, two roboducks. East Arkansas.

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Postby duckdawg901 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello all DHC members and waterfowlers.... My buddies and i live in Memphis, but since we all paid the OUTRAGEOUSLY high price for a full season of duck hunting (like $200+ each) and there's little to no water in Tennessee, we need to find some good land to hunt in Arkansas. Anywhere east of Little Rock will do! We tried hunting Harrisburg WMA twice but the damn locals up there would rather shoot at ducks 80-100 yards away (circling our spread) I guess they were either idiots or trying to piss us off. We just got a 14 ft aluminum jon boat, but it needs to be painted and won't be hunt-ready for at least 1-2 weeks. onna use Autozone's Rustoleum spray paint green base coat and tan & blac overlay, tree branches and buckbrush. I don't expect any huge favors here, just some good info. We also hunt a really small private slough/flooded timber in Tyronza, AR. But haven't seen anything flying but eese. Which is the MAIN REASON im on here asking for info. I found out that Arkansas has NO LIMITS on Snow Geese this year up until April! But we don't have any fields to hunt or goose decoys... We'd be willing to invest in some if we could team up with another group or just be permitted to use someone's land. This is only my 2nd season hunting, 1st full season. I've only bagged about 10 or so ducks total between both seasons. Mostly mallards, two shovelers, one teal and a few woodies. Anything you wanna add, would be a BIG HELP!! Thanks a lot!! And good luck for the rest of the season!!

J.C.C.L.
duckdawg901
hunter

Re: 3 guys, 50 dekes, two roboducks. East Arkansas.

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:48 pm

You have got to be frickin' kidding me. :fingerhead: :fingerhead: What a first post.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm

damn locals huh?
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cannon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:50 am

I've got a club. Come on over.

We're just south of Brinkley. Place is called "Wingmead." Meet me at the gate tomorrow a.m. At 5:45. If some stupid local named Frank tries to stop you from coming in, just tell him Gibby sent ya.

If that one's too far to drive, you could also meet me at my other club. It's a reservoir half way between Harrisburg and waldenburg with flooded timber. Easy to find on a map, sorta bat-wing shaped. Again, if any of the stupid locals try to stop you, tell em Gibby said its cool and they'll let ya right in.

Get on over here.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby duckdawg901 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 am

Yeah... The damn locals. I know that sounds harsh, but they were teenagers. The adult hunters were cool, they didn't bother us. The teenagers got back to the trucks at the same time as us and said, "Well, they didn't circle anywhere close to us, but at least we shot at 'em! " Because they were teenagers, it took everything I had to NOT go off on them and scold them for doing stupid crap like shooting at ducks circling 100 yards away over someone else's hole. Even though im a high school teacher, its not my responsibility to teach those kids... Oh and yeah, sorry for the long post. Btw, Cannon, are you serious bro? I sent you a private message, give me a call so I can be sure im looking at the right place on my map.

J.C.C.L.
duckdawg901
hunter

Postby cannon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:17 pm

duckdawg901 wrote:Yeah... The damn locals. I know that sounds harsh, but they were teenagers. The adult hunters were cool, they didn't bother us. The teenagers got back to the trucks at the same time as us and said, "Well, they didn't circle anywhere close to us, but at least we shot at 'em! " Because they were teenagers, it took everything I had to NOT go off on them and scold them for doing stupid crap like shooting at ducks circling 100 yards away over someone else's hole. Even though im a high school teacher, its not my responsibility to teach those kids... Oh and yeah, sorry for the long post. Btw, Cannon, are you serious bro? I sent you a private message, give me a call so I can be sure im looking at the right place on my map.

J.C.C.L.

No. I definitely was not serious. I'm one of those stupid locals. Showing up at the gate at either wingmead or claypools will probably result in an arrest, but telling em that Gibby sent ya will probably get a good laugh.
cannon
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Not a smart move to come on here and b!tch about Arkansas residents and then ask Arkansas residents for advise. Plan stupid if you ask me.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckdawg901 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Oh come on... Seriously?!? I never said "stupid locals". I said "damn locals". And if you read my 2nd post, I clarified that I was only referring to the teenagers. I didn't mean to offend anybody. All of you are getting a little too defensive aren't you? Wow... I was only trying to make a reference to idiot teenagers that hunt WMA's. Had nothing to do with Arkansas residents/locals. The context I used may have been a little confusing, so for that.. I apologize. Never meant any harm by my comments. Thanks for your responses.
duckdawg901
hunter

Postby duckdawg901 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:57 pm

On another note, I wish I had the money to pay for a lease/ hunting club... Unfortunately, I came from nothing with only my mom and brother, did good in school, got a scholarship to college, now I have a degree, about to be 2, and I make less as a teacher than many trade/skill jobs that don't even require a High school diploma. Money must be nice to have, huh guys? You see, I may not have your money for atv's, private land, fancy guns/equipment, but I do have an education and I don't change "damn locals" to "stupid locals" because I know the difference and I don't let my lower animal instincts/emotions control my actions. Now I still haven't started to try and insult anyone.... Merely educate. If you want an insult, you're not gonna get one... Because one of my good friends is a native of Arkansas and i respect him too much to do that. Peace everyone.
duckdawg901
hunter

Postby eire » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:28 pm

duckdawg901 wrote:This is only my 2nd season hunting, 1st full season. J.C.C.L.

I've heard of rookies making mistakes like not bringing shells, shooting over another hunter, damn near shooting the guests dog, and not buying a round after filling everyone's susie limit, but you might have taken the award for bonehead. Maybe you should consider staying in your own state until you learn the finesse of hunting, let alone hunting out of state. :no:

AR boys, I'm coming down from way up north this weekend, I'll buy ya a round if we meet! :beer:
eire
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:41 pm

eire wrote:
AR boys, I'm coming down from way up north this weekend, I'll buy ya a round if we meet! :beer:

bring me some cheese

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cannon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 pm

duckdawg901 wrote:but I do have an education and I don't change "damn locals" to "stupid locals" because I know the difference and I don't let my lower animal instincts/emotions control my actions. Now I still haven't started to try and insult anyone.... Merely educate.

I don't have one of them fancy teaching degrees, but I can somewhat read. I understood exactly what you wrote and what you were implying, but chose not to use your quoted profanity on a public forum. :thumbsup:

Don't lecture me on semantics, and don't come in here flaunting your degree. You might just find out that your wallpaper is less impressive than you thought.
cannon
hunter

Postby duckdawg901 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:02 pm

You see Cannon, now that's exactly the problem with our society, a college degree is considered something "fancy" when in fact, its not fancy. If people would stop feeling like they're not good enough to go to college, people could start being more accepting of one another's differences instead of placing negative labels on them to hide their own insecurities. Thanks though Cannon for reminding me why my contribution to society is so desperately needed....
duckdawg901
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Dang i cant use the popcorn with tapa talk app.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby eire » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Steve-o
Wisconsin Cheese it is.....yummmmm get ya sum of that squeaky stuff! thats the best. squeaky cheese and beer is what we live on up north! :yes:
ps... for everyone down there, beware of my buddies MN blue Ford 250... I'm sure the blinker will suggest left while we will be lost and taking a right. just hit the horn and yell "wheres my cheese"! :thumbsup:

hows the migration around harrisburg? I hear the pins and greenheads are starting to come down. They should be well rested after 750,000 mallards (in one big ball) sat in South Dakota for the past two months eating and sleeping.
eire
hunter

Postby cannon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:28 pm

duckdawg901 wrote:You see Cannon, now that's exactly the problem with our society, a college degree is considered something "fancy" when in fact, its not fancy. If people would stop feeling like they're not good enough to go to college, people could start being more accepting of one another's differences instead of placing negative labels on them to hide their own insecurities. Thanks though Cannon for reminding me why my contribution to society is so desperately needed....

Now that's exactly the problem with our society: Someone's parents send them to community college to give them an opportunity in life, and all of the sudden Mr. Diploma starts thinking that he can diagnose society's problems.

There are a B.A., a J.D., and an LL.M behind my name on my letterhead, and have been for well over 15 years. Google those and get back to me.

You're jumping into a pissing contest you don't want any part of, Jr., and you'll need a couple doctorates before you're qualified to preach education 'round here. Given your neglect for etiquette and the contents of your post, it's readily apparent that manners aren't your strongsuit and you dunno your butt from a hole in the ground where duck hunting is concerned, either. That being said, I would hope, for the sake of our nation's youth, that you're a decent teacher, because you certainly haven't presented yourself in a light that would lead anyone reading your comments to believe that you're qualified to do anything else.
cannon
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Ok guys. I know I pretty much opened the door but let's tone it down a bit before this really gets out of hand.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby cannon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 pm

carolinagreenhead wrote:Ok guys. I know I pretty much opened the door but let's tone it down a bit before this really gets out of hand.

You got it, boss.
cannon
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:13 pm

eire wrote:Steve-o
Wisconsin Cheese it is.....yummmmm get ya sum of that squeaky stuff! thats the best. squeaky cheese and beer is what we live on up north! :yes:
ps... for everyone down there, beware of my buddies MN blue Ford 250... I'm sure the blinker will suggest left while we will be lost and taking a right. just hit the horn and yell "wheres my cheese"! :thumbsup:

hows the migration around harrisburg? I hear the pins and greenheads are starting to come down. They should be well rested after 750,000 mallards (in one big ball) sat in South Dakota for the past two months eating and sleeping.

You were doing well until this happened.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby steve-o » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm

cannon wrote:
carolinagreenhead wrote:Ok guys. I know I pretty much opened the door but let's tone it down a bit before this really gets out of hand.

You got it, boss.

sorry cannon. i would have let out a little more chain. :biggrin:

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cannon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:18 pm

steve-o wrote:
cannon wrote:

You got it, boss.

You know me . . . Law and order, all the way. :yes:
cannon
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:52 pm

cannon wrote:
steve-o wrote:
cannon wrote:

You got it, boss.

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson?

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cannon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:08 pm

steve-o wrote:
cannon wrote:
steve-o wrote:
cannon wrote:

You got it, boss.

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson?

Nailed it.
cannon
hunter

Postby eire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:11 am

:biggrin:
eire
hunter

Postby duckdawg901 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:36 am

So Cannon, you have a law degree. That's something I was always told to go and get, but like I posted before... I came from nothing, still have close to nothing, and I can't afford law school, nor can I afford $100,000 or more in loans. But, I will concede to you on the grounds that I did not use proper etiquette on the forum and I guess you deserve respect for your degrees and for the fact that you continued to prove your maturity even when I provoked you. You win. Maybe one day I'll look into scholarships and grants or whatever to finally get to law school. Thanks for helping me see my own immaturity ... Have a happy new year. :)
duckdawg901
hunter

Next

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting