More ducks moving down

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

More ducks moving down

Postby WhiteRiverguy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:28 am

It seems like last week's snow in Missouri and Ohio has pushed more ducks down this way. Last weekend I saw a lot more Mallards in the Eastern part of the state! Hopefully by Dec. 17th things will be looking even better! :mrgreen:
WhiteRiverguy
hunter

Postby Ripperger » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:08 pm

My buddie and I are heading down to Jonesboro to hunt some birds around the 17th and just wondering if any of you had any info on public hunting areas around there

Thanks
Ripperger
Newb

Postby ARMallardSlayer » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:47 pm

Here is SW AR, the ducks that were here, and that wasn't alot, seem to have eased on.....hopefully some new ones will take their place....we have a big hunt planed for the 17th. :mrgreen:
If you can't work em in close & git em in yo face with their orange langing gear down, don't bother takin the safety off!
ARMallardSlayer
hunter

It's gonna be good!

Postby WhiteRiverguy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:27 am

Man I've seen SOOO many greenheads in the last few days! I have one little honey hole that never gets good till a lot of ducks are here and yesterday it was covered up with greenheads! It's only 80 acres of flooded timber but I swear to you guys that 1000 ducks got up out of it when my 4 wheeler got too close. The sky was full of em for about 15 minutes straight and I seen new ducks flying in until dark! I can't wait till Saturday!! :yes:

By the way.... This spot is about 5 miles from England if you are wondering what part of the state.
A duck call, like a shotgun, is only as good as the man behind it. -Phil Robertson
WhiteRiverguy
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting