Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Any of you guys have the coordinates or waypoint markers for the 3 bridges that cross the ditch off Longview road? We know where one is, but were hoping to find the other two to open up a little more area to us the last couple of weeks.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR


Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks for the help to the member that came through. I was also wanting to plug in the waypoint for the unmarked footbridge at the edge of the field before we walk in. Any of ya'll happen to have that?
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby Arkiewaterfowl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Go walk and find them. Internet scouting is frowned apon.
Arkiewaterfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby Labs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Arkiewaterfowl wrote:Go walk and find them. Internet scouting is frowned apon.


While for the most part, I agree with you...however, if the guy is going to be getting there in the dark for the first days hunt, I can see why he is asking for them. Additionally, I would guess by the nature of his post, that he does know the area, and is actually giving away the spot he has picked out to hunt....a PM with the coordinates for him would seem justifiable in this situation....JMHO
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Mayer, MN

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Labs wrote:
Arkiewaterfowl wrote:Go walk and find them. Internet scouting is frowned apon.


While for the most part, I agree with you...however, if the guy is going to be getting there in the dark for the first days hunt, I can see why he is asking for them. Additionally, I would guess by the nature of his post, that he does know the area, and is actually giving away the spot he has picked out to hunt....a PM with the coordinates for him would seem justifiable in this situation....JMHO


Right on, Labs. Thanks Arkiewaterfowl for furthering all the jackassedness on forums. I realize that "internet scouting" is frowned upon, but I clearly know where the unmarked foodbridge at Longbell is, however I just got a GPS, I live 2 hours away, and was looking fwd to putting in the coordinates to cut down a little time in the morning stopping to set the waypoint for the walk out. I didn't ask where your hole was (but your head is clearly stuck up it) or if there were any ducks in the area. I didn't ask you how to get to the short timber, if the water was holding in Lower Vallier, or any other piece of information that anyone would consider private or "scouting." Just coordinates to a damn footbridge on the edge of WMA property that is pretty public knowledge. Get over yourself.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby steve-o » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:58 pm

sigpi906 wrote:
Labs wrote:
Arkiewaterfowl wrote:Go walk and find them. Internet scouting is frowned apon.


While for the most part, I agree with you...however, if the guy is going to be getting there in the dark for the first days hunt, I can see why he is asking for them. Additionally, I would guess by the nature of his post, that he does know the area, and is actually giving away the spot he has picked out to hunt....a PM with the coordinates for him would seem justifiable in this situation....JMHO


Right on, Labs. Thanks Arkiewaterfowl for furthering all the jackassedness on forums. I realize that "internet scouting" is frowned upon, but I clearly know where the unmarked foodbridge at Longbell is, however I just got a GPS, I live 2 hours away, and was looking fwd to putting in the coordinates to cut down a little time in the morning stopping to set the waypoint for the walk out. I didn't ask where your hole was (but your head is clearly stuck up it) or if there were any ducks in the area. I didn't ask you how to get to the short timber, if the water was holding in Lower Vallier, or any other piece of information that anyone would consider private or "scouting." Just coordinates to a damn footbridge on the edge of WMA property that is pretty public knowledge. Get over yourself.

why didn't you explain this a little better in your first post? I dismissed you as another internet scouter based on the first post. If you had started out with this explanation someone my have helped you sooner. Don't be afraid to explain your self. I would now help if I could, but I don't know where you are talking about. AND, if I could help it would be in the form of a private message. :thumbsup:
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4155
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

I didn't really think an explanation was necessary since we're talking about a footbridge thats 200 yards off the road by the parking area. Anybody that knows the area knows the bridge and if they even have an idea of where to park, could just follow the headlamps in there to cross any given morning. The coordiates are really just to help with the walk out.

But thanks for the retro-active vote of confidence. I never want to be one of "those guys"... even though I guess I don't frequent duck hunting forums enough to encounter it. We kind-of just do our own thing in the same couple of places.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby MSMud » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Gotta love how crafty Internet scouters are. Probably heard of the bridge from a friend and came fishing to see if anyone would slip up. Don't hunt long bell access so I don't know, but be careful someone may give your silly butt some wayward coordinates! Have fun
MSMud
Newb
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby AaronR » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:34 pm

I would think that if a person knew where this bridge was, he could then locate it on google maps.. It would then give you the coordinates..
User avatar
AaronR
hunter
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Don't worry, @******. I've got the coordinate now. I walked it sunday. Have fun locating a 1 foot wide footbridge thats 15 feet long on Google maps in the middle of the woods.

I was simply asking for some help. I'll know next time this is the wrong place to come. Keep it classy, clowns.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Just an FYI, in case you guys are looking to hunt down there, the coordinates to the bridge are

N34 17.710' W091 42.241'

How's that for internet scouting.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby MSMud » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 pm

sigpi906 wrote:Just an FYI, in case you guys are looking to hunt down there, the coordinates to the bridge are

N34 17.710' W091 42.241'

How's that for internet scouting.

I really hope, for the sake of folks who do hunt that area, that this aren't the real coordinates? Are you new to hunting public ground or something, clown?
MSMud
Newb
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Nope. Just proving a point. Anybody can find a footbridge with 50 headlamps walking across it at 4:45am that is 300 yards off the road. That's the point I was trying to make all along. It's not a secret, and I wasn't internet scouting. It's a bridge across a creek. The rest of the 45minute walk to find your hole is all up to the hunter.

Be careful, or I might post the coordinates to the boat ramp, too.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby AaronR » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:48 pm

sigpi906 wrote:Nope. Just proving a point. Anybody can find a footbridge with 50 headlamps walking across it at 4:45am that is 300 yards off the road. That's the point I was trying to make all along. It's not a secret, and I wasn't internet scouting. It's a bridge across a creek. The rest of the 45minute walk to find your hole is all up to the hunter.

Be careful, or I might post the coordinates to the boat ramp, too.


If it was that easy then why did you have to ask for the coordinates? Doesnt make much sense unless your THAT lazy. And if you knew it was 300yrds off the road and knew the road then yes you could get pretty dang close on google maps..
User avatar
AaronR
hunter
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby steve-o » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm

sigpi906 wrote:...Be careful, or I might post the coordinates to the boat ramp, too.


That was funny.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4155
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby AaronR » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm

steve-o wrote:
sigpi906 wrote:...Be careful, or I might post the coordinates to the boat ramp, too.


That was funny.


Yea i chuckled a bit because I dont even hunt there and never called the guy a cyber scouter or anything. Just was making him aware that google maps did exist and if used properly can be very helpful! I still dont get the point of his post though...
User avatar
AaronR
hunter
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:11 pm

AaronR wrote:
steve-o wrote:
sigpi906 wrote:...Be careful, or I might post the coordinates to the boat ramp, too.


That was funny.


Yea i chuckled a bit because I dont even hunt there and never called the guy a cyber scouter or anything. Just was making him aware that google maps did exist and if used properly can be very helpful! I still dont get the point of his post though...


You clearly missed post Number 5, where I clearly explained EXACTLY why I was looking for the coordinates prior to going out there on Sunday. I guess that makes us both lazy.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby Arkiewaterfowl » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 pm

sigpi906 wrote:Just an FYI, in case you guys are looking to hunt down there, the coordinates to the bridge are

N34 17.710' W091 42.241'

How's that for internet scouting.

Image
Arkiewaterfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby AaronR » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
AaronR
hunter
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby AaronR » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 am

sigpi906 wrote:
AaronR wrote:
steve-o wrote:
sigpi906 wrote:...Be careful, or I might post the coordinates to the boat ramp, too.


That was funny.


Yea i chuckled a bit because I dont even hunt there and never called the guy a cyber scouter or anything. Just was making him aware that google maps did exist and if used properly can be very helpful! I still dont get the point of his post though...


You clearly missed post Number 5, where I clearly explained EXACTLY why I was looking for the coordinates prior to going out there on Sunday. I guess that makes us both lazy.


You clearly dont know how to use the internet. The map on the agfc website has coordinates on it with these bridges marked!! You just became a lazy internet scouter..so here ya go buddy, no more questions please. You are welcome.

http://www.agfc.com/resources/maps/BayouMeto_d.pdf
User avatar
AaronR
hunter
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm

AaronR wrote:
sigpi906 wrote:
AaronR wrote:
steve-o wrote:
sigpi906 wrote:...Be careful, or I might post the coordinates to the boat ramp, too.


That was funny.


Yea i chuckled a bit because I dont even hunt there and never called the guy a cyber scouter or anything. Just was making him aware that google maps did exist and if used properly can be very helpful! I still dont get the point of his post though...


You clearly missed post Number 5, where I clearly explained EXACTLY why I was looking for the coordinates prior to going out there on Sunday. I guess that makes us both lazy.


You clearly dont know how to use the internet. The map on the agfc website has coordinates on it with these bridges marked!! You just became a lazy internet scouter..so here ya go buddy, no more questions please. You are welcome.

http://www.agfc.com/resources/maps/BayouMeto_d.pdf


I'll now refer you to Post #2, where I thanked the un-asshole member who was nice enough to PM me and point out the obvious on the AGFC website. You then notice that I specified the UNMARKED footbridge. You know, unmarked... as in ITS LOCATION IS NOT MARKED ON A MAP or provided by AGFC.

You'll also note that I no longer need those coordinates, as they are the one's I provided for your viewing pleasure. So there you go, buddy, no more posts, please. Good day, sir.

Image
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby SCS22 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 am

Typical Sigma Pi
SCS22
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby sigpi906 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 pm

SCS22 wrote:Typical Sigma Pi


Yeah, I pride myself in being articulate and correct. Typical Sigma Pi.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby AaronR » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:33 pm

I was just saying that it seemed logical to mark them when u walked over them since you already knew exactly where they were....
User avatar
AaronR
hunter
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Bayou Meto - Longbell Road Footbridges

Postby Arkiewaterfowl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:30 am

SCS22 wrote:Typical Sigma Pi


The UCA Phi Lam are much better duck hunters.
Arkiewaterfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Next

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests