Henry Gray Hurricane Lake WMA

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Henry Gray Hurricane Lake WMA

Postby greenster » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Press release from AGFC:

The gate at Mitchell Corner on Henry Gray Hurricane Lake WMA was closed at 1 p.m. today because of extensive flooding on the area. This gate will remain closed throughout the remainder of waterfowl season, including the youth hunt. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this closure is part of our approved management plan for the WMA to protect the roads and other infrastructure of the WMA and ensure the safety of hunters and anglers wishing to access the area.

The gate to Willow Pond was closed yesterday for the same reason.

So it seem's WMA is open for hunting but the Mitchell corner access area is closed as well as Willow pond area.

Deer hunting was closed yesterday according to flood prone zone regulations
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Henry Gray Hurricane Lake WMA

Postby JDP50 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Rumor I heard they were closed too. Man it's been tough there this year.
JDP50
hunter

Re: Henry Gray Hurricane Lake WMA

Postby cannon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 am

JDP50 wrote:Rumor I heard they were closed too. Man it's been tough there this year.

You said it. No water at all and now more water than we can handle. It ain't been easy being a woods hunter this go-round. Even on the farm, I've skipped more days in the blind this season that I have in the last 3 combined. It seems like it's either 70 degrees or we're sitting on a half-inch of ice all the time.

Overall, we've killed about the same number of ducks on my place that we normally average, and the quality of the ducks has been outstanding, but given the volume of birds that we've had, we should be setting records.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting