Looking for a 14' jonboat...

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Looking for a 14' jonboat...

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:27 pm

Anyone know of a 14 footer without a motor or trailer for sale? We're not looking to spend over $250. We might be willing to pay a little more if it has a trolling motor on it in good shape. We'd also be willing to drive within 2 hours of Fort Smith for it as well.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby greenster » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:43 pm

if you guys have two of them give me a holler too.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:21 am

greenster, I have some leads on a few boats, but still looking though. The only downside for you is they're in OK. I'll see if I can't get you some pictures.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:57 am

greenster, I found a 12 footer for $215 in Alma if you're interested.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby greenster » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:49 pm

I cant see myself finding enough money to support a boat, I really need a canoe :toofunny: . Ive been building my buddys boat and i know how much he has paid to get it ready for season. he got the 1652. geting materals to build deck, seats and gun box cost enough alone much less every thing else to go with it. hard enough trying to find $$ for the gear that i need to replace. much love and thanks for thinking of me though.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:16 pm

No problem. If you need me to keep an eye out for something for you let me know.

I hear you about the gear for the boat. I bought a 1754 War Eagle a little over a year ago and dropped some serious cash on getting it rigged out the way I wanted it. Hopefully I'll hold onto it for awhile, but I've already caught myself eyeing the 20'+ boats.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:02 pm

just curious...are you guys actually duck huntin outta these boats? if so, sounds fun...i always wanted ta try that....anyone consider tradin a boat hunt for a pit hunt? i spend most o my days n a pit near weiner, although i do head for the woods so i can exchange pleasantries (profanities) with the skybusters on occasion.... :)
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:06 pm

I hunt out of my boat about 25% of the season. We build a blind on the bank and only hunt out of the boat when someone beats us to the spot. Having a boat blind helps a lot when you're hunting the Arkansas River. It makes it much easier to chase the ducks around.
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting