It's over

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

It's over

Postby Edge » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 am

Another duck season has come and gone, but we finished with a bang. The ducks on the boat is a two man limit. The gamewarden said we were the only boat to limit out that day, as a matter of fact, the total for all the other boats at that landing was only 14.

Elvis now has over a dozen retrieves at just six months.

Edge
hunter

Re: It's over

Postby greenster » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 am

it seems the forum members do really well here when the rest of the hunting population is struggling.

I did really well the Entire LAST week.

went by myself FRI Afternoon Got mallard limit and a bonus Squirrel that afternoon and made my way home.

Sat Was my last day to hunt. 2 man limit of mallards... And went home. Easy hunt's in small timber hole that I don't think anyone but me ever hunt's. Public hunting it's all about Getting Away.

Here's my little duck Stacker 1/4 mile down a road in a WMA. High water cut my boat ride down about 30min and walk about 10min.

"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 am

It is a fact, you do better with fewer people in the hole. :thumbsup:
Edge
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Very rarely will it be more than 3 people in a group with me. Usually I And another.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby PC76 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Has pretty good couple of days last weekend. Saturday was a crowded place and it was still as crowded as can be. Participated in our first boat race. Wasn't that exciting but it will probably the the last also. One mistake and it gets ugly. Had to cut our early myself but before 0900 saw alot of em. Sunday found a hole that isnt heavily ventured and ha a awesome time. Took my son back both days this weekend and was very pleased. Birds working and alot of em too. Awesome season and I cannot wait for November.
PC76
hunter

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:51 pm

8 more months............
Edge
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Edge wrote:8 more months............

I'm no math whiz but I think it's just 7 months until teal season.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Edge wrote:It is a fact, you do better with fewer people in the hole. :thumbsup:
I hunted with groups that could NOT get it right all season. Finally I took off on my own. After that...limited 13/15 days. No skunks.
It must take a very special bunch of guys to take 26 guys into a hole and come out with 25.5 limits. Saw it happen once this season. Spectacular.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting