Cool story

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Cool story

Postby ARduckboy24 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 pm

We hunted a hole deep in the timber saturday morning. We had a walk of about .75 mile after driving as far as we could. The ducks worked pretty well and the four boys managed to get 13 mallards. While working several birds, we heard pintails. Sure enough a group of five pintails swung around and started working the hole. On about the fourth pass, a mallard drake cut in front of them and dropped into the hole. The pintails came in right on his tail feathers. When the pintails started to backpedal to sit down the boys cut loose. They killed two drakes and one hen and also got the mallard drake and a mallard hen. The pintail drake was one of my 12 year old sons' bucket list ducks and he was the first to shoot and drop the first drake. He is so excited and I have another bird to take to the taxidermist. It was a great morning and those boys got to see something that hundreds of seasoned duckhunters have never seen. Memories that we will never forget for sure.
Last edited by ARduckboy24 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Re: Cool story

Postby cannon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 am

I would suggest copying your dad's story and posting it here. Linking to competing forums is frowned upon by the admin. Its not my intention to come off as a jerk, but to save yourself a tongue-lashing from the powers that be, I'd edit that post to omit the reference to the other form, then copy dad's post and paste it here.

Congrats on that pin in the woods. That's a rare gem.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby ARduckboy24 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Don't know how to post pictures if I did I would.
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:37 pm

ARduckboy24 wrote:Don't know how to post pictures if I did I would.

It's real easy. You can upload them to the forum, or if they're on an online service like photobucket, just hit the img button when you post and drop the URL between the image text.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby ARduckboy24 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 am

Alright will do.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting