out of town

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, brassass, whisperin' duck

out of town

Postby amsrc11 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:08 am

hey guys. i am from ohio and my buddy and i are planning on heading down to arkansas for some duck hunting. we were wondering were we should go? what is the state hunting property like? we usually hunt a marsh at home. when that freezes we move to the lakes. any info would help much. thanks

God bless
amsrc11
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:39 am

STATE land is going to be like......well CROWDED, not too many duck lots of skybusters and rules.

What part of AR are you planning on going to?
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby amsrc11 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:25 pm

it really doesnt matter. is there anychance of going down there and finding private land to hunt? i would love to experience a reall ark. duck hunt. well thanks for the info anymore would be appreciated. if i had to pick a spot in ark. it would be up north.
amsrc11
hunter

Postby Pluckyduck » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:09 pm

You will be HARD PRESSED to find a landowner in the part of the state where you want to experience your hunt that will let anybody, much less an out of state'r, hunt for free. There are some people in areas off the flyway that let that happen, but only to people they trust. Public land is crowded and there are few well kept secrets anymore, matter of fact, I was able to SELL mine (GPS Coords) when I left a certain area that I don't go to anymore.

The reason is that most ducks end up on a farm somewhere. Most farmers either don't farm in the winter or farm and guide or lease. There is a lot of money involved in that. A lot of money. I know a lot of people in AR who can't afford a lease, myself included.

With that said, there are A LOT and I mean a lot of guide services. If you are only coming down for a few days to a week then that is your way to go.

Then it becomes a question of what you want to do, field or timber?
Pluckyduck
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

plucky

Postby greenster » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:54 am

plucky has hit it on the spot. You not going to have much success around on public lands here without Scouting and I mean month's of scouting. Private land theres about a 1% chance of finding any. a Full guiding service would be the way to go. If you can afford a Full service with Lodge and Timber hunt's it will be one you will never forget.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

I hear the state bellow us

Postby Total duck » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:28 pm

I hear the state bellow us has alota water and they don`t care if you hunt their swamps ,,,its that ya just not make it back home ;)
Out of state {{{Guide Service}}} Tips welcome! That is if you wanta come back the next year!
Total duck
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting