Stuggart, ARK

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Stuggart, ARK

Postby BooneDawg » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:59 am

Anyone hunted with Buckshot Lodge of Gillett Arkansas? I'm trying to find out some information from anyone who has hunted with them. I've been told to be careful down there because they've had a lack of water the last couple seasons. Any comments will help.
Thanks

I'm also kicking around PitBoss out in Maryland? Any thoughts?
again thanks.
db
"Take'em".....
BooneDawg
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:56 pm

You cannot go wrong with Pitboss, I mean seriously who wants to shoot park ducks anyway, go sea duckin :yes:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby arkanduck » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:12 am

Hey man I just moved here from benton, arkansas. I have benn duck hunting for a few years. I have never actually had any a direct expereince with Buck Shot, but know a lot of people that have. I would say that if you are going to head down that way. Try out Bayou Meto Lodge. Those guys are the best in the world.
arkanduck
Newb

Postby Daisycuttin » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:26 pm

Really depends on what type of money you are looking to spend. I have hunted with several guides and outfitters down that way and and for the
the money, Roger Rieves out in Almyra is just awesome. Really Cheap and borders Big Dux Refuge. Also the Mallard's Nest is a great area for killing but the guides are more hunters than guides ( so it depends if you can guide yourself). Buck Shot is top notch if they have the water to flood their set-ups with, but in the high price range. Roger Rieve's is $50.00 per hunt or $100 per day(morning and evening hunt) but no lodge, just a great guide with great shooting oppurtunities.
If ya don't like being peppered, don't set up near my spread..!!!!!

07-08 Season Totals
Mallards-0
Spoonies-0
Gadwall-0
Teal-22
Bufflehead 0
Specks-
Geese-7
Bands-00
Daisycuttin
hunter

Postby Pluckyduck » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:33 pm

Big Dux burned to the ground, but I am sure Watkins will have it rebuilt by now.
Pluckyduck
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Daisycuttin » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:26 pm

so long as their rest area water didnt burn. :toofunny: They just hold alot of birds that roost there and feed in Roger's fields.

07-08 Season Totals
Mallards-0
Spoonies-0
Gadwall-0
Teal-22
Bufflehead 0
Specks-
Geese-7
Bands-00
Daisycuttin
hunter

Postby santeerangerman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:25 pm

Daisycuttin wrote:so long as their rest area water didnt burn. :toofunny: They just hold alot of birds that roost there and feed in Roger's fields.

Roger is a GREAT guy!!! I've hunted his fields several times, but I swear, the birds know EXACTY where the border to that rest area is! :pissed:
santeerangerman
hunter

Postby Pluckyduck » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:21 pm

Watkins guards that dude pretty tight. Mom was the trainer for his "movie star" horse when he bought him and has been out to Big Dux more than once. Occasionally, when Ricks in a good mood, he gives out an invite for a morning hunt.

I have never been fortunate to recieve one, but I wouldn't have fit in well out there.

But I will say this about Mr. Watkins, when mom was out there last year she was supposed to run by RNT and pick me up a call. When she asked him how to get there he said don't worry about it and sent her home with a shortbarrel for me. :thumbsup:
Pluckyduck
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Daisycuttin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:05 am

Oh there is no doubt that the birds know where that border is :toofunny:
But they gotta come out to eat. hahahha. Roger is one of the most personable guides i have ever used, he makes sure you have a great hunt or he won't charge you for it. That is awesome property too.

07-08 Season Totals
Mallards-0
Spoonies-0
Gadwall-0
Teal-22
Bufflehead 0
Specks-
Geese-7
Bands-00
Daisycuttin
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting