arkansas mojos

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Re: arkansas mojos

Postby DesotoLakeHunter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Im all about the ban on spinning wing decoys. Im against the ban of "battery" operated dekes... But def. against anything that simulates a spinning winged deke.
DesotoLakeHunter
hunter

Postby Bryce_Decker » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:00 am

The day they are gone is the best day ever for AR duck hunting...bye bye spinner and all your geek followers!!!!
Bryce_Decker
hunter

Postby ARduckcwby » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:31 pm

gomer snerd wrote:imho when they first came out you could get ducks to go to places they were not used to going. The guys that had the good spots claimed or rented saw that the less fortunate of us could kill ducks. Their ducks. Heresy!!! We can't have that!! "Foul!" they cried." Unfair! We are paying big bucks to kill our ducks and now these guys are shooting some of them." "That's not how pawpaw did it. I don't want to do it that way and they shouldn't either!"

I like how folks say they don't work anymore. Then why outlaw them?? If you don't like them then don't use them. You like diet pepsi then drink it.

I can see a lot of truth in the above statement.

Do I own a SWD? No, IMO, they seem to more headache than they are worth. I've seen in certain situations where SWD seem to flare off birds (especially woodies). I don't think they need to be banned, just because other hunters who don't use them are crying about it.

To me, this whole arguement is no different than the liberal jackasses who are pushing for assault weapons and high capacity mags to be banned. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it should be banned. It would be just like someone crying "I can't blow a cut down call, and you shouldn't either, so let's ban them!!!". "They're too loud, and it's unfair because the ducks can't here my call over the cut-downs!!!"
ARduckcwby
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:44 pm

rivershark wrote:The funny part behind alot of this discussion is that a ton of people say "I don't use them" but if you drive through the woods on any wma id say 9 out of 10 holes has a spinner or 6. For so many people screaming I don't use them I sure do see alot in the woods.. if it helps me kil just 1more duck a year im using it. Maybe im not the ethical saint or mallard master most pretend to be but oh well. And also I do drive a dodge but I drink pepsi max lol.. love it.

Totally agree, except I also drive a dodge and never drink soda's, but when I do it will be Dr. Pepper.

We did fine without them, have done fine with them, you guys decide and let me know, thanks.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:25 am

They have no real impact on me, other than the figures and thoughts cannon posted up. I do get tired of seeing the clowns run six of them in a hole that hasn't seen a duck in several hours. But them again as long as they're waving the danger close flags I don't have to work as hard.
Last edited by ByersFarm on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Claybird » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Has the AGFC made an official ban on these aggravating boat space taking mojos yet?
Claybird
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:55 am

I use spinners. Usually one. Its a tool. I use mine to get the ducks to attempt to land EXACTLY where I want them. Spend a lot of time studying a hole to see just where that spot is on what days by scouting and watching. It usually takes me a few days of messing up to get it right in a new hole. Part of the fun is going thru this process.

If everyone else gives up motion decoys I would be happy happy.
Less hassle charging batteries. I have a jerk rig. :yes:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Claybird » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Well said Aunt Betty

We use ours in the public timber to help get the ducks attention and to help them decide where they want to be.

aunt betty wrote:I use spinners. Usually one. Its a tool. I use mine to get the ducks to attempt to land EXACTLY where I want them. Spend a lot of time studying a hole to see just where that spot is on what days by scouting and watching. It usually takes me a few days of messing up to get it right in a new hole. Part of the fun is going thru this process.

If everyone else gives up motion decoys I would be happy happy.
Less hassle charging batteries. I have a jerk rig. :yes:
Claybird
hunter

Postby greenster » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:11 pm

SWD is like all other tools, they work epically if you know how to use them. During those rainy or foggy mornings in the timber when set-up correctly It's a gold mine in disguise. Not going into detail on how to set one up properly, but I'll say again they work very well and then again there is the day's that they prevent commits, or even flair birds. Fact is they are detrimental to our bird population. I'm for a flyway wide BAN, But not another single state ban.

I stopped using them for a while before the first ban, and a couple years after, but stated back because I felt like joining the children's "ban-wagon" again.

But I'll say it's not going to happen again for sometime.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Previous

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting