Offseason Work

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Gonna clear this brush and floating mat of water plants out, from behind blind.
CAUSE - I've come to think that the bigger the water foot print the better.
IMG_1982.JPG
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm


Re: Offseason Work

Postby steve-o » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:38 pm

is that the beaver hut?
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Yes - this is from the cleared side. Click on the pic

IMG_1975.JPG
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 pm

From Canoe - about 50 yds from blind which is back to left.
I just get turned on by Cypress Trees. :smile:
IMG_1980.JPG
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby whisperin' duck » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:52 pm

forget that! too many snakes!!!!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 6523
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:47 pm

This stuff is a floating dense mat. So if I were to maybe weed eat it and spread corn out all over, reckon it would be like a floating buffet? I threw germinated rice on it as an experiment.

IMG_1977.JPG
Last edited by AR Dave on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:26 pm

See what's going on here?
New blind has been put into place since this picture was taken.
IMG_0088.JPG
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Other blinds
IMG_0067.JPG


Don't use this one
IMG_0099.JPG
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:42 am

Just trying to generate some duck hunting chat, ain't that the name of this site .com? That 3rd picture back, we've diverted the creek into the lake. It's already a heck of a hole, but on ice days - well you know.
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby steve-o » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm jelly of it all.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:25 am

Well we spend the offseason dreaming of Tornadoes of Mallards that will ascend on us because of these improvements we make. Never works, but we sure give it heck trying. These pictures are from Gadwall Holes. Not exactly NEA Rice Fields, but who wants to limit out in 30 mins anyway?

This year we can’t miss - ha ha - going to be Tornadoes of Teal,, Mallards, and Gadwall. And many will be wearing jewelry
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:29 am

AR Dave wrote: Not exactly NEA Rice Fields, but who wants to limit out in 30 mins anyway?

You lost me here.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12351
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Offseason Work

Postby steve-o » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:44 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
AR Dave wrote: Not exactly NEA Rice Fields, but who wants to limit out in 30 mins anyway?

You lost me here.

:lol3: :lol3:
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Offseason Work

Postby Jake88 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:28 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
AR Dave wrote: Not exactly NEA Rice Fields, but who wants to limit out in 30 mins anyway?

You lost me here.

Northeast Arkansas????
Jake88
hunter
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby steve-o » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Jake88 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
AR Dave wrote: Not exactly NEA Rice Fields, but who wants to limit out in 30 mins anyway?

You lost me here.

Northeast Arkansas????
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Thought that might get a response.. :smile:
Doesn't East of Little Rock / North of I-40 = NEA?
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby cannon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Yup. It was the "30 minutes" part where Cason checked out. Gotta know your audience.

Sounds like you're hard at it, Dave. Keep up the good work and keep the tank full on that bird.

The only planes I see these days look like this . . .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371177930.456003.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Our local duster recognizes me, cause we're the only ones that fly at tree level - him trying to spray and me crossing back n forth looking for everything that moves. So one day I hear this voice on the radio "you ought to come work for me". lol That was good, now I call and check where he's working.
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Offseason Work

Postby cannon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:08 am

I watched my pilot yesterday dropping chemical. He was timing traffic on the highway so as not to collide with an 18-wheeler. He was flying under the high line wires that bordered the highway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Offseason Work

Postby whisperin' duck » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:21 am

cannon wrote:I watched my pilot yesterday dropping chemical. He was timing traffic on the highway so as not to collide with an 18-wheeler. He was flying under the high line wires that bordered the highway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Are you using uncle Darryl again?
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 6523
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Offseason Work

Postby cannon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:56 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:
cannon wrote:I watched my pilot yesterday dropping chemical. He was timing traffic on the highway so as not to collide with an 18-wheeler. He was flying under the high line wires that bordered the highway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Are you using uncle Darryl again?


Did you notice that I didn't say he died in a fiery crash when his plane became entangled in the high line wires that bordered the highway?

When Uncle Darrel & I parted ways, it was not on particularly good terms.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Offseason Work

Postby whisperin' duck » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:21 pm

cannon wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:
cannon wrote:I watched my pilot yesterday dropping chemical. He was timing traffic on the highway so as not to collide with an 18-wheeler. He was flying under the high line wires that bordered the highway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Are you using uncle Darryl again?


Did you notice that I didn't say he died in a fiery crash when his plane became entangled in the high line wires that bordered the highway?

When Uncle Darrel & I parted ways, it was not on particularly good terms.


Hahaha you've had more conversations with him in a month than I've had in my life.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 6523
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Offseason Work

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:59 am

Planes under power lines make me nervous.
Does the 30 minute thing make me a bad guy?
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12351
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Offseason Work

Postby cannon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:08 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Planes under power lines make me nervous.
Does the 30 minute thing make me a bad guy?


Not if you bring me a tuna steak when you roll back into town. Otherwise, yes.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Offseason Work

Postby AR Dave » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm

I've flown under power lines - just have to know how low the line is and how close to the ground your wheels are. The lines you don't see are the dangerous ones. I'm amazed more crop duster's don't get bent up though - takes a special breed. :tongue:

30 minutes don't make you bad - some guys just can't last that long. As long as you tell your hunters about it ahead of time, give them a chance to get into it mentally before pulling the trigger, I'm sure it's satisfying enough.
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Next

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests