Duck Hunting Forum banner

Offseason Work

8K views 66 replies 18 participants last post by  henny hen hen 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Gonna clear this brush and floating mat of water plants out, from behind blind.
CAUSE - I've come to think that the bigger the water foot print the better.
IMG_1982.JPG

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Well we spend the offseason dreaming of Tornadoes of Mallards that will ascend on us because of these improvements we make. Never works, but we sure give it heck trying. These pictures are from Gadwall Holes. Not exactly NEA Rice Fields, but who wants to limit out in 30 mins anyway?

This year we can't miss - ha ha - going to be Tornadoes of Teal,, Mallards, and Gadwall. And many will be wearing jewelry

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yup. It was the "30 minutes" part where Cason checked out. Gotta know your audience.

Sounds like you're hard at it, Dave. Keep up the good work and keep the tank full on that bird.

The only planes I see these days look like this . . .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371177930.456003.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

#18 ·
Our local duster recognizes me, cause we're the only ones that fly at tree level - him trying to spray and me crossing back n forth looking for everything that moves. So one day I hear this voice on the radio "you ought to come work for me". lol That was good, now I call and check where he's working.

#19 ·
I watched my pilot yesterday dropping chemical. He was timing traffic on the highway so as not to collide with an 18-wheeler. He was flying under the high line wires that bordered the highway.

#20 ·
cannon said:
I watched my pilot yesterday dropping chemical. He was timing traffic on the highway so as not to collide with an 18-wheeler. He was flying under the high line wires that bordered the highway.

Are you using uncle Darryl again?

#21 ·
whisperin' duck said:
cannon said:

Did you notice that I didn't say he died in a fiery crash when his plane became entangled in the high line wires that bordered the highway?

When Uncle Darrel & I parted ways, it was not on particularly good terms.

#22 ·
cannon said:
whisperin' duck said:
cannon said:

Did you notice that I didn't say he died in a fiery crash when his plane became entangled in the high line wires that bordered the highway?

When Uncle Darrel & I parted ways, it was not on particularly good terms.
Hahaha you've had more conversations with him in a month than I've had in my life.

#25 ·
I've flown under power lines - just have to know how low the line is and how close to the ground your wheels are. The lines you don't see are the dangerous ones. I'm amazed more crop duster's don't get bent up though - takes a special breed. :tongue:

30 minutes don't make you bad - some guys just can't last that long. As long as you tell your hunters about it ahead of time, give them a chance to get into it mentally before pulling the trigger, I'm sure it's satisfying enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.