Need Help!!! Coming to Arkansas Jan 2014!!!

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Need Help!!! Coming to Arkansas Jan 2014!!!

Postby PurePassion » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:48 pm

I know their are 100 post on here about the same thing and you local boys are probably sick of hearing this from everyone, but I just want to experience duck hunting at its finest. I think that was God's plan when he placed different terrain in different parts of the country. I'm coming to you guys for info, advice, and your opinion on what i should do. 1st of all we do have a boat, with a 25hp motor and a pop up blind so we are open to hunting river banks or timber. We have checked into WMA's and we have crossed of Bayou Meto lol all ive heard is negativity about that place. We are coming from kentucky so were trying to stay on the Eastern half of ARK. We would be open if anyone had or know of any private land or pit blinds for weekly lease lol that would be great. I dont mean to annoy anyone It's just our first trip and even though its months away Im chomping at the bit! I think i covered everything thank you for your time! Happy Hunting and God Bless!!!!
PurePassion
hunter

Re: Need Help!!! Coming to Arkansas Jan 2014!!!

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Freelancing you're way would be stacking the deck against yourself. That's not to say it can't be done. Just that it will be difficult.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby bigsprig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 pm

I agree with above, my first Arkansas trips were with guides and I learned a lot. Have friends that pull boats each year and they have done well some years and gotten skunked others.

I personally would not recommend you pull all the way to Arkansas without some game plan more solid than " we have a boat and want to hunt river banks... etc". There are big rivers, closed areas of rivers, local "understandings", etc that you need to learn about before you just show up at a landing and put in. :fingerhead:

There are many other nice WMA's besides Bayou Meto that you can hunt, but since you are not allowed to be on Arkansas WMA's after hunting hours it is almost impossible to scout them. And scouting during hunting hours is a sure way to not make friends.

Know you are probably going to do it anyway, but this is my 2 cents worth. Good luck and be safe out there.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby Edge » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:27 pm

I do not mean to sound like an alarmist, but these rivers are dangerouse, people drown out here ever year. If you try it on your own, you had better scout during the day to learn the river before you hunt, or it may hurt you. And like he said, don't scout during shooting hours.
Edge
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Edge wrote: And like he said, don't scout during shooting hours.

All waterfowl activity must be completed by 1:00pm on WMA's and that mean's back at the parking areas. unless you go hunting tree rats in flooded timber..

figured that out, Got a warning for scouting.. No gun, or any other hunting gear. got back at 1:45, warden was waiting at truck.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Edge » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 pm

My shooting hours end at 10, if the birds aren't there I'm out looking for em. I just don't like people running up and down the river at sun up looking for a spot.
Edge
hunter

Postby greenster » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:00 pm

pm sent last week...
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:59 am

The op's avatar scares me. Was about to pm him when I looked at it. Pure Passion TV?
You bringing your camera crew?
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby greenster » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:35 pm

aunt betty wrote:The op's avatar scares me. Was about to pm him when I looked at it. Pure Passion TV?
You bringing your camera crew?

I would say very amateur you tube videos.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting