help

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

help

Postby bus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:29 am

I want to head down for a few day's Dec. 28th and 29th. I know that is has been slow everywhere but our season closed a couple of week's ago. Does anyone have any idea's where I wight want to try, I will have my 14 year old daughter with me.
Thank's
Lou
bus
hunter

More info.

Postby WhiteRiverguy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:22 am

Are you asking about public grounds to hunt on here?
A duck call, like a shotgun, is only as good as the man behind it. -Phil Robertson
WhiteRiverguy
hunter

Postby bus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:24 am

Either public or guided, I have got equiptment as I hunt 30 day's a year here in Mi.
Would not mind a guided hunt if not to expensive.
Or info on public ground.
Also how's the hunting been, it in the teen's here every night and will be all week.
Thank's
bus
hunter

Postby WhiteRiverguy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:49 am

The season opens back up here Friday the 17th... The first season was slow for me (had to work for them). There are many more ducks down here now since the freeze up North.

RnT guide service in Stuttgart charges about $100 a gun for their hunts... I know people who have used them and killed a lot of ducks and had no complaints.

As far as public ground you could just take your pick...Everything is flooded. I haven't talked to anyone in NE Arkansas in the past week about what they are seeing. The Game and Fish duck report will come out tomorrow...should have more info then. :thumbsup:
Last edited by WhiteRiverguy on Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
A duck call, like a shotgun, is only as good as the man behind it. -Phil Robertson
WhiteRiverguy
hunter

Postby auctioneer523 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:58 pm

I will be out flying tomorrow morning in NE Arkansas and will let you know what I see. We have plenty of water and excellent habitat conditions up here right now, but I have yet to see any large migrations into our area.
auctioneer523
Newb

Postby auctioneer523 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:02 am

Went flying yesterday, Thursday from 2-3 p.m. and there are birds scattered everywhere, there are a few large concentrations, but the majority of the birds are in groups of 10-15 and scattered along treelines and in the middle of fields.

I just got back in from the morning hunt on a small hole that had only 5-6 ducks on it when I flew over yesterday, well let me tell you the ducks are here, and the best thing is they are all mallards.

Home by 7:30 with a 20 minute drive one way to this hole.

Looks like it may be a good second season, wish everyone the best.
auctioneer523
Newb

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting