public land in north east arkansas

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

public land in north east arkansas

Postby agengo02 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:47 pm

im going back and forth about doing some duck hunting over thanksgiving in ne arkansas. most of my family lives up there and none of them duck hunt, only deer hunt. well i was curious about any public duck hunting land up there that i could walk in at. anybody know a website that could produce some answers for me? thanks
agengo02
hunter

Postby Brake Timber » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:40 am

Dave Donaldson
We aint got no microphones, we aint even got no songs with words in em! I tell u what we need, we need some payin gigs! This first one patio and then another aint cuttin it!
Brake Timber
hunter

Postby agengo02 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:30 am

who is dave donaldson?
agengo02
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:28 pm

:toofunny: It's A WMA dave donaldson/Black river

Location: 10 miles east of Pocahontas, 20 miles west of Paragould and 15 miles north of Walnut Ridge.

ARea: 25,000 acres flooding of about 7,000 acres of green timber to attract waterfowl is done yearly.

Directions: Main access points may be reached by going north on Highway 90 about 2 miles from Deleplaine. Turn left on Highway 280, then north about 4 miles to a stop sign, turn left and this will take you to the Brookings access on Black River. From Brookings, go east on highway 280 toward the town of Peach Orchard about 1 mile and turn left on a secondary blacktop road, go about 1 mile to the Hubble Bridge access on Little River. From Corning go south on Highway 67 to Reyno and watch for the Datto access. Lake Ashbaugh may be reached from highway 304. Watch for Game and Fish Commission sign indicating the lake accesses about 4 miles west of Delaplaine.

Click here for your map
http://www.agfc.state.ar.us/wma_lakes/maps/donaldson_blackriver.pdf

Give thanks for the information to AGFC

www.agfc.com
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Brake Timber » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:40 am

Yea that was my bad. lol. I shoulda been more specific. :toofunny:
We aint got no microphones, we aint even got no songs with words in em! I tell u what we need, we need some payin gigs! This first one patio and then another aint cuttin it!
Brake Timber
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting