War Eagle 754 ldv??

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

War Eagle 754 ldv??

Postby msman » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:02 am

In the market for a new boat and was trying to decide between a war eagle 754 or 648. I hunt timber alot but also some bigger water. Is the 754 too big for the timber, or should I just stick with the 648? Just looking for some opinions and some real world experience.
msman
Newb

Re: War Eagle 754 ldv??

Postby greenster » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 am

1542 is perfect for timber, i have a 1654 and sometimes wish it was a 48... you'll be surprised sometimes how much of a difference 6" and a can foot make. Big water I would suggest a 48 for stability. With 3 people standing up and shooting out of a 42 in open water, it can get a little unbalanced.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Re: War Eagle 754 ldv??

Postby PC76 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 am

15 foot was really not ideal when we blind hunted out of it this year. We ended up just bringing two boats. One to put all the bags and stuff in and hunted one. It was still pretty cramped up but the stability wasn't that bad when we got it in the brush. It was a 1550, but on the other hand we ran a 165x something in the timber and my 1546 was a whole lot more enjoyable and easier to navigate.

Sorry I know I didn't give ya advice one way or another, but I'd get the bigger side personally just because of the versatility. Sure you ain't beating no one through the timber and hanging up a bit more but it's gonna come in handy when you need it.
PC76
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting