Dove hunts

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Dove hunts

Postby Humpbackshooter » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:55 pm

How was yalls dove hunts. I can count the number of birds we saw on 1 hand and not have to use any fingers. Needless to say, glad the beer was cold. Was able to scope out what needs to be done around the place for the up coming season.
Hump. :beer:
Humpbackshooter
hunter

Re: Dove hunts

Postby cannon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Humpbackshooter wrote:How was yalls dove hunts. I can count the number of birds we saw on 1 hand and not have to use any fingers. Needless to say, glad the beer was cold. Was able to scope out what needs to be done around the place for the up coming season.
Hump. :beer:

I feel ya, Hump. There were 16 of us. We killed 8 dove, combined total. It was as bad as I've ever seen it. I hope this isn't any kind of indicator as to how the big dance will be. If it is, I'll need more than beer to make it through December.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby AR Dave » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 am

cannon wrote:
Humpbackshooter wrote: I hope this isn't any kind of indicator as to how the big dance will be. If it is, I'll need more than beer to make it through December.

Probably just getting caught up in our plan to redirect the fly-away. Have never seen so many doves here before. Our COOP has strategical recruited farmers to plant rice from Hardy Bypass (new meaning) straight to the Arkansas River (Hollabend WMA).
AR Dave
hunter

Postby cannon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 am

AR Dave wrote:
cannon wrote:
Humpbackshooter wrote: I hope this isn't any kind of indicator as to how the big dance will be. If it is, I'll need more than beer to make it through December.

Probably just getting caught up in our plan to redirect the fly-away. Have never seen so many doves here before. Our COOP has strategical recruited farmers to plant rice from Hardy Bypass (new meaning) straight to the Arkansas River (Hollabend WMA).

I think I saw our bluewings headed that way. This means war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
cannon
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:19 am

Well this may be the one migratory bird we have more of right now than you eastern AR guys. Shot just shy of 200 for the weekend, should have had more but some of the crew was very rusty to say the least. Felt good to dust off the shotgun.
Attachments
dove1.jpg
dove2.jpg
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby cannon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:04 pm

UofAduckman1987 wrote:Well this may be the one migratory bird we have more of right now than you eastern AR guys. Shot just shy of 200 for the weekend, should have had more but some of the crew was very rusty to say the least. Felt good to dust off the shotgun.

Way to go, Nick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
cannon
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting