New to AR need people to hunt with will travel live in FS

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

New to AR need people to hunt with will travel live in FS

Postby SFAjacks12 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:44 pm

I moved to Fort Smith in march and have been working 60 hours a week ever since. Therefore I have let duck and goose season sneak up on me. I am relatively new to duck hunting, but have a good, gun, good dog, and good kayaks I can use to hunt out of. I would appreciate any invites. I'm not afraid to wake up early or work hard, and if I say I'll be somewhere ill be there on time and ready for anything. I am safe with guns and respectful of others. Any invite is welcome, weekdays are hard for me to hunt but I could take a day or two for the right hunt.
SFAjacks12
hunter

Re: New to AR need people to hunt with will travel live in F

Postby greenster » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:47 am

first welcome to ARK and the forum. Your not in a particularly good area for waterfowl, but there are some people that hunt around there with moderate to good success ( veterans ). Expect some travel time. Good thing is you got your 60 day residency in before waterfowl season. :thumbsup: Stick around, post often someone will shoot you a invite come December/January
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cobra7 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:15 pm

I know of a good guide in Oklahoma. He's about an hour from Fayetteville if your interested. I hunted with him a bunch when I lived on that side of the state. It's $150 a day.
Cobra7
hunter

Postby SFAjacks12 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:03 am

Yeah I might be interested, where in Oklahoma is he?
SFAjacks12
hunter

Postby Cobra7 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:33 am

In Talhaqua. His name is Terry with "Oklahoma hunting and fishing adventures". He's a great guy.
Cobra7
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:44 am

In January look me up and I will take you into the public timber. PM me for details or we will fight a crowd.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby jimmyscott » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 am

SFAjacks12 wrote:I moved to Fort Smith in march and have been working 60 hours a week ever since. Therefore I have let duck and goose season sneak up on me. I am relatively new to duck hunting, but have a good, gun, good dog, and good kayaks I can use to hunt out of. I would appreciate any invites. I'm not afraid to wake up early or work hard, and if I say I'll be somewhere ill be there on time and ready for anything. I am safe with guns and respectful of others. Any invite is welcome, weekdays are hard for me to hunt but I could take a day or two for the right hunt.

Welcome! I lived in NWA for a few years. There are some good places. Key for me was the AR river. Find backwaters and you will find good holes; Frog Bayou in Alma, Kerr Reservoir near Salisaw, and Dardanelle. Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?t=202533

Good luck!
jimmyscott
hunter

Postby SFAjacks12 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Thank you all for responding, I intend to try a little on the Arkansas, no boat hurts me a little there. I'm fresh out of college and recently married so no money for a boat in the foreseeable future. I will definitely look into frog bayou
SFAjacks12
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting