Byers Farm Migration

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:13 pm

I'd shoot at every one of those birds.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby waterfowlman » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Sweet photos Cason. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Most of us are jealous. :lol3: :lol3:
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby WTN10 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm

waterfowlman wrote:Sweet photos Cason. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Most of us are jealous. :lol3: :lol3:

This man is a prodigy at killing Communists.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Byers farm I thank you! and all the other private land owners that invest the time
and money necessary to develop and maintain waterfowl resting and feeding grounds! Without y'all everyone's hunting would suffer! If adamdu82 wants to complain about a corrupt system start something about all the strategically placed no hunting refuges up and down the flyway. That's what pisses me off. Not a hard working fellow waterfowler!
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Hey without Arkansas rice farmers we would SOL. This from Scott Manley DU

Arkansas rice fields are home to over sixty species of wildlife. Waterfowl migrate south during the winter and choose Arkansas rice fields for food and rest. Rice is not only an excellent source of food for humans but it provides nutrition to birds as well. When a rice farmer floods a field in the winter, it provides a habitat for waterfowl that are migrating through the delta. By doing this, rice farmers are being good stewards of the environment. Although they are unable to fully replace natural wetlands, rice fields support 45 percent of the North American wintering duck population. Private lands are essential to wetland birds and wetland conservation, as three-quarters of wetlands in the United States occur on private lands. Waterfowl not only provides hunters with recreation, but it is a good source of income for America’s rice farms.
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Sounds like instead of being so "ethical " you should try to be smarter or harder working. Because years ago I planted oak trees around my pond to produce acorns for ducks to eat or transplant/plant duck weed etc for feed for ducks makes me unethical? Think not. No different. But will sure enjoy those woody shoots!!
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby Underradar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm

A fool's ethics can be a great source of amusement to anyone with common sense.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 pm

waterfowlman wrote:Sweet photos Cason. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Most of us are jealous. :lol3: :lol3:

and some are very jealous. one of the better things about this forum are the pics you post this time of year. keep em coming Byers
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Black Mound?

West deadoning.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Black Mound?

West deadoning.

:thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ByersFarm » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 pm

There were a lot of directions my day could have headed this morning when I woke. Being accused of baiting wouldn't have been a consideration if you had asked me. I guess I shouldn't tell my accuser that we used to leave 40+ acres of standing grain around our pits. Which I will add is perfectly legal as long as you don't intentionally knock any down.

I always post pictures with reservation. I know there are those here who enjoy seeing them. I also know that it could appear braggadocios. I routinely hold off from posting some images, because it is never my intent to out do anyone. I know I can't show you all canvasback like swamp can, or greaters like some of you guys to the north. What I can do is show everyone how we manage for waterfowl based on three generations and 60 years of knowledge. What makes these practices worth viewing are the results.
I appreciate everyone here who enjoys these pictures, and apologize to those who may take them the wrong way. If you're one of the latter just don't open the thread.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:38 pm

All Canvasbacks? :huh: We kill a couple, but I don't recall pictures of all canvasbacks.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:43 pm

ByersFarm wrote:braggadocios.

Good word, bro. Good word.
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:braggadocios.

Good word, bro. Good word.

don't brag Botiz..... :hammer:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:52 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
I always post pictures with reservation. I know there are those here who enjoy seeing them.

For the record your pictures don't even do your place justice. It's one thing to see google earth and what you post but doesn't even compare to real life. Few things make grown men quiet and stare in awe and driving around that first evening was one of them. You would have thought grizz saw Santa clause, the Easter bunny, and big foot hanging out together in the rice fields
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:55 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
I always post pictures with reservation. I know there are those here who enjoy seeing them.

For the record your pictures don't even do your place justice. It's one thing to see google earth and what you post but doesn't even compare to real life. Few things make grown men quiet and stare in awe and driving around that first evening was one of them. You would have thought grizz saw Santa clause, the Easter bunny, and big foot hanging out together in the rice fields

Was Santa Clause running around asking "What day is it? What day is it?".....if so, that was Botitz.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Byers Farm Migration

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:23 pm

ByersFarm wrote:There were a lot of directions my day could have headed this morning when I woke. Being accused of baiting wouldn't have been a consideration if you had asked me. I guess I shouldn't tell my accuser that we used to leave 40+ acres of standing grain around our pits. Which I will add is perfectly legal as long as you don't intentionally knock any down.

I always post pictures with reservation. I know there are those here who enjoy seeing them. I also know that it could appear braggadocios. I routinely hold off from posting some images, because it is never my intent to out do anyone. I know I can't show you all canvasback like swamp can, or greaters like some of you guys to the north. What I can do is show everyone how we manage for waterfowl based on three generations and 60 years of knowledge. What makes these practices worth viewing are the results.
I appreciate everyone here who enjoys these pictures, and apologize to those who may take them the wrong way. If you're one of the latter just don't open the thread.

Keep the pics coming! The law is the law and you're on the right side of it, so don't worry about what others think.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Indawoods » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:24 pm

possumfoot wrote:and don't forget, there are a lot of people here who kill em pretty good in those "natural" areas that your talking about.

:hi:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:51 pm

ByersFarm wrote:There were a lot of directions my day could have headed this morning when I woke. Being accused of baiting wouldn't have been a consideration if you had asked me. I guess I shouldn't tell my accuser that we used to leave 40+ acres of standing grain around our pits. Which I will add is perfectly legal as long as you don't intentionally knock any down.

Cason, the majority of us here know the importance of what you and others in your area do for waterfowl. Keep the updates and pictures coming. I do look forward to checking in during the day and evenings to see what's moved in. THANKS!!!!!
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Indaswamp wrote:All Canvasbacks? :huh: We kill a couple, but I don't recall pictures of all canvasbacks.

Perhaps I should have said "y'all". Show y'all canvasback like swamp can.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:08 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:All Canvasbacks? :huh: We kill a couple, but I don't recall pictures of all canvasbacks.

Perhaps I should have said "y'all". Show y'all canvasback like swamp can.

Ah...my mistake.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:19 am

ByersFarm wrote:
We're just over compensating trying to dispel the myths about reading and writing. Just wait until you try to talk to us after we get a couple high hats down.

Jr will be like my C3PO, he has been watching and re watching episodes of squidbillies so he can translate for me
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 am

jehler wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
We're just over compensating trying to dispel the myths about reading and writing. Just wait until you try to talk to us after we get a couple high hats down.

Jr will be like my C3PO, he has been watching and re watching episodes of squidbillies so he can translate for me

:lol:
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 am

jehler wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

I don't know what squidbillies are, but we don't have squid here and we aren't hillbillies. It's an entirely different dialect. You're fried before you ever start.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby jehler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:33 am

ByersFarm wrote:
jehler wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

I don't know what squidbillies are, but we don't have squid here and we aren't hillbillies. It's an entirely different dialect. You're fried before you ever start.

As you all put it, real talk here, if you have never seen squidbillies don't ever watch one, I was already worried about the future of American culture...
At least I can hope we are reaching the bottom of the trough
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

PreviousNext

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting